InSure: round-up of developments affecting the insurance industry — November 2012
This month’s round-up of developments affecting the insurance industry sees: a new deputy chair appointed to the Council of Lloyd’s; an update on BIBA’s strategic review; ABI consideration points ahead of the gender-neutral insurance pricing ruling; an FSA update on the Remuneration Code — data collection; and BIBA demand more action from government in the forthcoming Autumn Statement.
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) has announced that it will review its Board governance, segmentation of membership and commercial activities. BIBA notes that around five or six workstreams are likely to be taken forward by the Board, which may include:
- Board governance and a review of committee structures and the creation of an Advisory Board or Boards to ensure all members have a voice.
- Strengthening of the Executive team.
- Clear segmentation of members to ensure relevance of BIBA’s representation and service delivery.
- Having ‘one voice’ in the general insurance sector by working with organisations such as ABI, LIIBA, MGAA, Lloyd’s and CII.
- A review of BIBA’s commercial activities to improve income on an open transparent and fair basis.
- The creation of a principles based Code of Conduct for member companies which will be a compulsory element of BIBA membership…
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Click on the link above to download briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
InCredit 24 March: the outlook for risk; Money Advice Service under review; data sharing in banking; and more
Other topics covered include: mortgage governance review; instalment credit; and subdued lending in February.
ICO warns financial call centre to stop sending pensions texts, alluding to the fact that the messages were “misleading”.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?