"I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Asia Pacific, including international firms' practices there, key developments of the region's leading independent firms and in-house departments based in Asia. As a native Mandarin-speaking journalist who grew up in China, I have a particular interest in, and strong connections with, the Greater China markets, but am also fascinated by the fast-evolving and highly-dynamic region as a whole. I also have sound knowledge of Australia, where I received my bachelor's degree in media and later worked as a legal journalist. I joined The Lawyer in September 2011, after spending over five years at a well-known Asia-focused legal publication, with three of these years as China editor. I tweet as @TheLawyerAsia."
- 020 7970 4756
Clayton Utz’s board has appointed litigation partner Robert Cutler to succeed Darryl McDonough as the firm’s next chief executive partner.
Former Herbert Smith Freehills’ Singapore partner John Dick has joined Ernst & Young Singapore as a partner as the “big four” accounting firm mulls legal services launch.
Herbert Smith Freehills has named Tokyo managing partner Peter Godwin as the firm’s new regional head of disputes in Asia.
- Hong Kong: Solid state
- Fox International Channels appoints Asia Pacific general counsel
- Davis Polk and Freshfields advise on year’s largest IPO in Hong Kong
- KWM global litigation head joins Quinn Emanuel
- KWM global dispute resolution head to leave the firm
- Asia moves: 2 December
- Allen & Overy hires Australian antitrust partner from HSF
- China: Extra grip
- Stalemate in Singapore
- Ashurst advises on first German public takeover by Chinese state-owned company
- Minter Ellison chief to step down
- Minter Ellison adds two partners to Greater China region
- Duo of IP firms join Myanmar rush
- HSF sees bulk of legacy Freehills team walk out in Singapore
- Asia moves: 18 November
- SocGen names new Asia Pacific general counsel
- In-house interview with Ooredoo Asia GC: Myanmar calling