Khaitan & Co
Click here to access full coverage of Khaitan & Co in The Lawyer Asia Pacific 150 2015. The report is an essential business intelligence resource for anyone interested in Asia-Pacific’s growing legal services market.
Founded in 1911, Khaitan & Co is one of the oldest Indian law firms, combining a rich heritage of more than 100 years with modern, cutting-edge and solution-oriented legal practice. The firm offer full-service legal solutions to its domestic and international clients. The firm's endeavour is to be proactive and to exceed client expectations by offering a solution-based approach focusing on understanding clients' business arrangements and anticipating their legal needs, present and future, and providing pragmatic, commercial solutions.
The firm has significant sector-specific experience in cross-border transactions, including prior experience in dealing with the regulatory bodies, such as the Foreign Investment Promotion Board, Securities and Exchange Board of India and Reserve Bank of India and other government bodies, in addition to having excellent connections within the industry. The firm is committed to providing the highest quality of service at every level of any transaction with the ability to scale up quickly and draw resources across offices and practices. The firm has increasingly invested in the state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities with an advanced document management system and is constantly looking to evolve and adopt international best practices to better serve its clients.
Over the years, the firm has succeeded in establishing a successful trend in attracting top-tier partners and senior-level lawyers, both from domestic and international law firms, to join its ranks.
The strategic hiring of partners has resulted in the addition of new practice areas, strengthening the existing practice areas and also bringing in the best international practices and expertise.
The emphasis is to ensure that its clients have access to a consistently high quality of service across all its locations and practice areas.
Khaitan & Co's clients include business and financial enterprises, large business houses, banks, financial institutions, private equity funds, government bodies, educational and charitable trusts, cultural institutions, individuals and estates and trusts from India and overseas.
In recent years, Khaitan & Co has been growing at a rapid pace across its practice areas and has been involved in a variety of headline transactions. Some of the recent awards and recognitions won by the firm include:- India National Law Firm of the Year, Chambers Asia Pacific Awards 2015
- Best Overall Law Firms, India Business Law Journal - Indian Law Firm Awards, 2014
- Winner in the following practice area categories in India Business Law Journal's 2014 Indian Law Firm Awards: Competition & antitrust, Employment & industrial relations, Mergers & acquisitions, Private equity & venture capital.
- Corporate & M&A, Most Responsive Domestic Law Firm, Asian-Mena Counsel Firm of the Year 2014
- Silver Award 2014 - Best Indian law firm, International Legal Alliance Summit Awards 2014
- Law Firm of the Year - Private Equity, VCCIRCLE Awards 2014
- Capital Markets Law Firm of the Year - India, Corporate INTL Global Awards 2014
- Best Indian Law Firm of the Year/Best Private Equity Law Firm of the Year, Legal Era Awards 2013-14