I've been with The Lawyer since 2007 and in that time have seen sweeping changes across the profession, including the implementation of the Legal Services Act. Primarily I cover the litigation markets as well as the latest goings-on at the bar, including the major cases being heard across the High Court and appellate courts. For the last five years I have been responsible for compiling The Lawyer's annual pick of the top cases to be heard in London. I also have strong knowledge of the insurance markets and take an interest in everything from the personal injury sector to the Lloyd's of London market. As deputy news editor I am also responsible for helping co-ordinate The Lawyer's news coverage. I'm an avid Tweeter and like to make my opinions known. Follow me @thelawyerkaty and join the conversation.
- 020 7970 4614
The High Court has ruled that Sally Bercow, the wife of House of Commons Speaker John Bercow MP, libelled former Tory treasurer Lord McAlpine on social media network Twitter.
Media set 5RB picked up roles on both sides of a Court of Appeal (CoA) battle over whether it was a matter if public interest that Boris Johnson MP, Mayor of London, had a daughter with a former mistress.
Hage Aaronson has secured a Supreme Court win for Marks & Spencer (M&S) after the court today ruled against HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) in a tax battle with the retailer.
- Pinsent Masons wins trademark dispute for Interflora against M&S
- Irwin Mitchell loses Saudi prince state immunity appeal
- Goldman Sachs' HMRC tax deal legal, rules High Court
- CoA throws out £400m Northern Rock appeal
- Insurance giant Parabis on verge of £90m merger with Greenwoods
- International litigants in London rise by a third in three years
- Phone ranger