I've been with The Lawyer since 2007 and in that time have seen sweeping changes across the profession, including the implementation of the Legal Services Act. Primarily I cover the litigation markets as well as the latest goings-on at the bar, including the major cases being heard across the High Court and appellate courts. For the last five years I have been responsible for compiling The Lawyer's annual pick of the top cases to be heard in London. I also have strong knowledge of the insurance markets and take an interest in everything from the personal injury sector to the Lloyd's of London market. As deputy news editor I am also responsible for helping co-ordinate The Lawyer's news coverage. I'm an avid Tweeter and like to make my opinions known. Follow me @thelawyerkaty and join the conversation.
- 020 7970 4614
Successful QC applicants are at a three-year high. Encouraging stuff for the next silk round?
Divorce lawyer Raymond Tooth and his former protégée, the self-proclaimed “diva of divorce” Ayesha Vardag, have reached a settlement in a bitter battle over allegations she attempted to poach his clients.
Blackstone Chambers’ Pushpinder Saini QC will represent West Brom striker Nicolas Anelka at a disciplinary tribunal into his alleged anti-Semitic ‘quenelle’ salute later today.
- Herbies, Hogan Lovells wins as High Court throws out £85m Ecclestone bribery claim
- The silk route, 2014
- Third-party funding still too murky
- High Court throws out Legal Ombudsman ruling, branding it 'irrational'
- Hogan Lovells to lead $2bn oligarch battle after White & Case is disbarred
- Stephenson Harwood raids DLA Piper in preparation for Seoul office launch
- Waste not, want not
- Watson Farley defeats £10m professional negligence claim
- Kit Kat copy, right?
- DAC Beachcroft launches in New York
- Case histories
- Withers exits gift XXIV Old Buildings new practice director
- Inns, outs and firm offers
- Herbert Smith Freehills hires silk to bolster advocacy unit
- Addleshaws leads $1bn Middle East conspiracy battle
- The top 20 cases of 2014: In detail
- Top 20 cases to watch in 2014: Overview