I've been with The Lawyer since 2007 and in that time have seen sweeping changes across the profession, including the implementation of the Legal Services Act. Primarily I cover the litigation markets as well as the latest goings-on at the bar, including the major cases being heard across the High Court and appellate courts. For the last five years I have been responsible for compiling The Lawyer's annual pick of the top cases to be heard in London. I also have strong knowledge of the insurance markets and take an interest in everything from the personal injury sector to the Lloyd's of London market. As deputy news editor I am also responsible for helping co-ordinate The Lawyer's news coverage. I'm an avid Tweeter and like to make my opinions known. Follow me @thelawyerkaty and join the conversation.
As of July 2014 I am on maternity leave.
Bevan Brittan to launch in Leeds with DWF hires subscription
Bevan Brittan is to enter the Leeds legal market after hiring two DWF lawyers to launch an office in the city.
It has been one of the largest acquisitions made by a firm to date, but this week Slater & Gordon (S&G) sought to put some distance between it and the historical accounting practices of Quindell as the latter came under investigation from the Serious Fraud Office (SFO).
As legal boss of Hilton Worldwide, Kristin Campbell has guided the $10bn hospitality giant through an IPO, honed a 350-strong set of external advisers to 35 and is now putting the finishing touches to an expansion plan
- High Court orders Berezovsky trustees to pay £12.6m legal fee to Addleshaws subscription
- Conditional fees do not contravene human rights, Supreme Court declares subscription
- Costs called into question as Supreme Court calls on amicus curiae for Ablyazov battle subscription
- Giambrone claimants win case but face fight for damages payout subscription
- Magic circle growth: combined global revenue hits £5.14bn in 2014/15 subscription
- Supreme Court throws out QASA appeal subscription
- Law firm of the year: Osborne Clarke takes top accolade at The Lawyer Awards subscription
- Professional indemnity insurance – A survival guide subscription
- Wragges' Glee over Twentieth Century Fox High Court win subscription
- Financials 2013/14: partner revenues reach new heights as market swings back into action subscription
- Government suffers legal aid setback after High Court declares ‘residency test’ unlawful subscription
- Magic circle sees UK market share shrink as global consolidation takes hold subscription
- Magic circle holds back tide of mergers – for now subscription
- Monckton raids Doughty Street for five-strong public law team subscription
- DWF in High Court battle with Government over Insolvency Service tender subscription
- 2013/14 financials: a decade in figures at the magic circle subscription
- All rise, as PEP growth outstrips revenue subscription