I joined The Lawyer in August 2013 and sit on the news desk. I cover litigation and the City and am interested in litigation, corporate and real estate news across a range of sectors. I particularly want to hear about deals in the areas of energy, retail, real estate, food and consumer goods and any news about international domestic dispute resolutions and arbitrations. I work on the city analysis pages of the print edition and write in-house profiles for the print and online editions of The Lawyer. Get in touch with news and gossip - I tweet at @TheLawyerKate
- 020 7970 4557
Shearman & Sterling has lost one of the biggest litigation mandates of the year after business tycoon Robert Tchenguiz swapped the US firm for Stephenson Harwood in his £300m case against the Serious Fraud Office (SFO).
DWF is gearing up for a High Court showdown with the Government over its decision to choose Shepherd and Wedderburn over the firm as an adviser to the Insolvency Service.
British Telecommuncations’ (BT) in-house team has triumphed against King & Wood Mallesons SJ Berwin (KWMSJB) and Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) in a Supreme Court battle over BT’s call charges to mobile operators.
- Revenue rises 1% at Freshfields to £1.232bn, PEP up to £1.48m
- Linklaters' turnover hits £1.255bn, PEP up 5.9% to £1.39m
- Cake or biscuit? The Scottish court decides
- A&O, Freshfields, Hogan Lovells, and Simmons among firms taking spots on Barclays' reduced panel
- Nabarro turnover flat at £116.3m, while net profit rises to £34.1m
- Revenue hits £1.359bn at Clifford Chance, PEP up 16 per cent to £1.14m
- Temple Bright takes Nabarro group to launch energy team
- Brick Court senior clerk to join Hardwicke
- Get used to working together, bank advisers told
- Lawyers on Demand to launch in Manchester
- Canary Wharf bondholders do battle over Clifford Chance HQ sale proceeds
- Hacking trial: Kingsley Napley client Brooks acquitted, DLA client Coulson guilty
- Barclays: work together to keep panel place
- Taylor Wessing marches into US with double office launch
- RBS drafts in Richard Susskind as firms put on standby for panel cull
- Is Linklaters ready for a China alliance?
- Clifford Chance to vote on slashing management committee from 16 to nine