I joined The Lawyer in August 2013 and sit on the news desk. I cover litigation and the City and am interested in litigation, corporate and real estate news across a range of sectors. I particularly want to hear about deals in the areas of energy, retail, real estate, food and consumer goods and any news about international domestic dispute resolution and arbitrations. I also write in-house profiles for the print and online editions of The Lawyer. Get in touch with news and gossip - I tweet at @TheLawyerKate
- 020 7970 4557
The in-house interview: Morrisons GC Mark Amsden subscription
From calls to the FBI over a cyber security issue to launching the retailer’s first loyalty card, former rugby reporter Mark Amsden has a lot on his plate as Morrisons’ general counsel.
The in-house interview: EDF Energy’s legal team subscription
After a surge of activity including a restructure that scattered legal services across the business and deep cuts to the panel roster, the EDF Energy team say they are the stronger for it.
Taking on big banks and energy giants means the new competition watchdog needs a strong legal team, and GC Sarah Cardell is the one designing it.
- Mishcon professional negligence case headed for High Court in November subscription
- Stories of the year: November has US flavour subscription
- Fried Frank loses 'Putin's banker' Pugachev claim to lift $2bn asset freeze subscription
- Early contenders emerge to take BLP managing partner crown subscription
- Burges Salmon, CMS and Osborne Clarke retained as Eurostar delays panel review until 2015 subscription
- Bucks ABS expected to generate £400,000 profit for local authority over five years subscription
- Clydesdale replaces UK GC as Darbyshire returns to Australia role subscription
- BLP managing partner Neville Eisenberg to stand down after five terms subscription
- 20 Essex Street takes Cavenagh Law practice manager for latest new BD role subscription
- Bird & Bird faces £2m professional negligence case over Elisabeth Murdoch home subscription
- Nabarro revenue up 3 per cent at half year to £54.1m subscription
- Sidley makes up 32 in promotions round with two in London subscription
- Clifford Chance's Simon Davis slams FCA pension leak in report subscription
- Freshfields partner Wills appointed financial institutions group co-head subscription
- MoD panel set to be finalised within a fortnight subscription
- FCA admits being "under strain" as it names McDermott as new director subscription
- Clifford Chance competition partner leaves to set up Brussels boutique subscription