I'm the City editor. I oversee our reporting of deals and am responsible for the weekly Deals Insider email newsletter that comes out every Monday, covering client relationships, legal fees and data-led market trends. I also write stories and analysis on the top City law firms, with a focus on the magic and silver circle and in-house matters at big banks and corporates. Come to me with news about top firms, deals, legal panels and my pet subject, the collapse of US law firm Dewey & LeBoeuf. Follow me at @TheLawyerJoshua.
- 020 7970 4557
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has snared a key Clifford Chance funds senior associate with close ties to private equity houses Apax Partners and BC Partners.
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has taken a lead advisory role alongside Silicon Valley firm Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin & Hachigian on Yahoo!’s acquisition of blogging site Tumblr for $1.1bn in cash.
Ashurst and Slaughter and May have advised on online retail group Ocado’s delivery deal with supermarket chain Wm Morrison Supermarkets.
- SJ Berwin name poised to vanish as King & Wood merger vote looms
- Freshfields leads the way on pay
- A&O keeps associate salaries static after breaking trainee pay freeze
- Shearman hires Weil trio in boost for London private equity
- Clifford Chance and Freshfields guide Cinven's Partnership IPO
- Herbert Smith, A&O in flow for £5bn Severn Trent takeover approach
- Morgan Lewis sees first ex-Dewey partner exit as Beijing co-head quits