Jobs: moves roundup
7 July 2008
5 May 2014
25 July 2014
16 May 2014
14 February 2014
1 August 2014
MOVE OF THE WEEK
• Former Irwin Mitchell partner Lesley Graves has joined Sheffield firm Ashton Morton Slack as a consultant in the personal injury division.
• Germany’s Beiten Burkhardt has hired corporate lawyer Dr Markus Friedl as a partner from Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson. He joins the firm’s Frankfurt office.
• Employment lawyer Tom Long has returned to London and Birmingham firm Martineau after a spell at DLA Piper.
• US firm Morrison & Foerster has recruited three litigation partners from Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal. Alexander Hadjis and Kristin Yohannan join the Washington office and Rudy Kim joins the Palo Alto office.
• Former Pitmans partner Adrian Wallace has moved to Fladgate where he will be a property development partner. He previously headed Pitmans’ property practice in London.
• Regional firm Howes Percival has taken on Kevin Sullivan as an associate in the Norwich insolvency department. He arrives from Prettys.
• Beachcroft has appointed Ian Cooper to its specialist healthcare and clinical risk team in Leeds. Cooper joins the firm as an associate from Eversheds’ Newcastle office.
• Edinburgh-based Russel & Aitken has appointed former Fyfe Ireland corporate lawyer Amalia Maglara as a commercial solicitor.
• Social housing firm Coffin Mew has recruited Michael Owen, David Joicey and Jacqueline Goldsmith from Dutton Gregory Solicitors in Bourne-mouth to join its housing management team.
• Regional firm Needham & James has made up four new partners and five associates in the largest promotions round in its history. Joining the partnership are commercial property lawyers Justin Mason and Chris Watts, along with Alison Wacey in property and Shirley Rabbetts in the private client department. The new associates are Arvin Bhamra, Sarah Rao, Donna Bates, George Douloubakas and Ian Yarde.
• Southern firm Thomas Eggar has hired David Ellis as a legal director in the London financial services and funds team. He joins from AIG Investments Europe, where he was legal counsel.
• Caroline Williams and Lorna Vanderkamp have completed their training contracts and qualified as solicitors in the property team of Manchester firm Davis Blank Furniss.
• Reed Smith’s New York office has lured real estate partner John Bricker from Arent Fox. He joins the business and finance department.
• DLA Piper has hired Vyacheslay Khorovskiy as a finance and projects partner in Russia. He was previously counsel in Allen & Overy’s banking department.
• Newcastle firm Hay & Kilner has appointed Katie Thackray as an assistant solicitor in its private capital department. She joins the firm from Watson Burton.
• Australian firm Minter Ellison has appointed 14 new partners across the firm, including one in London. Nigel Clark was made up in the UK finance group.
• Field Fisher Waterhouse has taken on six new assistant solicitors in London: Lauren King from Clarkslegal; Joe Payne from Mayer Brown; Stephen Wright from Matthew Arnold & Baldwin; Arik Aslanyan from Reid Minty; Purvis Ghani from the Metropolitan Police; and Kwok Tang from Osborne Clarke.
• Thring Townsend Lee & Pembertons has hired former Bird & Bird consultant Jeremy Nixon as a partner in the employment practice. The firm has also promoted IP/IT associate Graeme Fearon to partner.
• Thames Valley firm Boyes Turner has hired Evelyn Adfield from Eversheds in Nottingham. She joins the corporate group as an associate.
• Judge George Ensor and Judge John Farnworth retired from the circuit at the end of June.