I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and offshore as well as our practice area special reports. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @LawyermagEurope.
- 0207 970 4615
Mr Justice Peter Smith is facing an investigation by the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office (JCIO) in connection to his recusal from the mammoth air cargo cartel case involving British Airways (BA).
Transport workers’ union the GMB has instructed Leigh Day to bring an employment claim against taxi-booking service Uber, arguing that it is in breach of a duty to provide drivers with basic employment rights.
Ins and outs of law firms in Germany subscription
Germany’s crowded and fiercely competitive market has sparked a flurry of comings and goings by international firms.
- European moves: 23 July 2015 subscription
- MoJ launches fresh consultation to further hike court fees subscription
- Standard Chartered hands GC extra power in management shake-up subscription
- Offshore: Bermuda comes through the financial crisis stronger subscription
- The rush to Bermuda: Harneys tipped to be third new firm to launch this year subscription
- Webber Wentzel boosts banking with five hires including Jardine Matheson GC subscription
- Appleby agrees Bridgepoint-backed MBO of fiduciary subscription
- Bird & Bird reports 6 per cent rise in turnover for 2014/15 subscription
- Greenberg Traurig launches in Germany with Olswang team subscription
- European moves: 9 July 2015 subscription
- DAC Beachcroft unveils new leadership team as Pollitt and Clegg secure mandates subscription
- Bridgepoint in talks to buy Appleby's fiduciary business subscription
- Walkers picks up Mourant partner Burch in continued expansion drive subscription
- Italy's Portolano Cavallo launches in New York subscription
- Belfast firm Tughans under fire over £7m 'earmarked for politician' as Nama row escalates subscription
- A&O enjoys fleeting moment as second-largest magic circle firm
- Kirkland picks up Latham Munich founder Kirchner subscription