I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and offshore as well as our practice area special reports. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @LawyermagEurope.
- 0207 970 4615
Finland’s economy might be struggling but firms are thriving from a stream of acquisitions, restructures and start-ups emerging in Nokia’s wake
Linklaters’ South African ally Webber Wentzel has split its senior partner role into two as incumbent David Lancaster steps down after nine years in the position.
All the latest partner hires and other appointments within Continental European firms and offices.
- Freshfields Italian arbitrator leaves for boutique
- Mid Europa Partners turns to White & Case for first legal hire
- KWM SJB adds nine to Milan office and creates employment team
- Marrache: A hard time on the Rock
- Rock opera set up for dramatic finale
- Appeal over appointment of Marrache judge set to go to Privy Council
- Orrick focuses on Africa with Heenan Paris hire
- A&O exploits opportunity to break into South Africa
- Allen & Overy opens in Jo'burg with seven-partner Bowman Gilfillan team
- Pillsbury bulks up in Abu Dhabi with Bird & Bird partner hire
- Olswang senior partner on Stewart's resignation: 'There are always issues on how we execute strategy'
- Olswang chief Stewart resigns; firm to vote on replacement as IP litigator Burdon named as interim CEO
- Dentons adds former Brodies competition head to Brussels team
- European moves: 2 October 2014
- Competition boutique Hausfeld launches in Brussels with hire of Michelin GC Geelhand
- Antonio Garrigues retires from firm after sixty years
- Bowman Gilfillan Africa Group builds in Kenya and Tanzania with lateral hires