I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and offshore as well as our practice area special reports. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @LawyermagEurope.
- 0207 970 4615
Hengeler Mueller has won a victory for ‘sharing economy’ taxi service Uber in a battle over whether the company can continue offering its product in the city of Hamburg.
Dutch corporate boutique Rutgers & Posch has hired Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer partner Robert ten Have to boost its capital markets practice.
Yorkshire firm Gordons has reported its first year of revenue decline in 13 years, with turnover falling by 11 per cent to £22.9m due in part to a withdrawal from claimant personal injury work.
- Bates Wells Braithwaite mourns former senior partner Stephen Lloyd
- Borenius and Lawin lead as Ask.com owner IAC acquires Ask.fm
- CPS to take no action against ex-Times lawyer Brett in NightJack phone hacking case
- Local authorities clamber aboard the ABS bandwagon
- Law Society picks NHSLA head Dixon as new CEO
- Boyes Turner sees PEP rocket in 2013/14 after ending tripartite merger talks
- Ukraine's Vasil Kisil splits in two as five partners launch new firm
- High Court orders disclosure of documents covered by privilege in long-running Ablyazov case
- A&O, Linklaters and VdA help secure rescue of Portugal's Banco Espirito Santo
- European moves: 7 August 2014
- Freshfields spins off Barcelona office into IP boutique
- HSF continues German growth with Freshfields' Hamann
- East Anglia's Birketts achieves 20 per cent profit rise through organic growth
- Dentons benefits from Chadbourne's Kiev closure with corporate partner hire
- Chadbourne pulls out of Kiev citing market turmoil
- Baker & McKenzie bolsters Jo'burg with competition bolt-on
- Smaller firms at risk from greater PII competition, The Lawyer report reveals