I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and offshore as well as our practice area special reports. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @LawyermagEurope.
- 0207 970 4615
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has been retained by Tesco in the wake of the Serious Fraud Office’s (SFO) announcement that it had opened an investigation into accounting practices at the supermarket giant.
Linklaters and Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy have secured judgment in favour of Visa in a dispute brought by retailers over fees charged for using Visa credit cards.
Europe’s largest firm, Iberian giant Garrigues, has announced a marginal rise of 0.2 per cent in its 2013/14 turnover along with the promotion of seven to its partnership.
- European moves: 30 October 2014
- Brick Court and Monckton lead as court adjourns strike-out of £1bn cartel claim against BA
- Taylor Wessing re-elects senior partner Marks for second term
- Top GCs and managing partners come together to judge The Lawyer European Awards
- BLP tells headhunters: find female talent to help us hit our diversity target
- BLP sets target of 30 per cent female partners by 2018
- Special report: Finland – Triumph in adversity
- Linklaters' South African ally creates managing partner role in rejig
- European moves: 16 October 2014
- Freshfields Italian arbitrator leaves for boutique
- Mid Europa Partners turns to White & Case for first legal hire
- KWM SJB adds nine to Milan office and creates employment team
- Marrache: A hard time on the Rock
- Rock opera set up for dramatic finale
- Appeal over appointment of Marrache judge set to go to Privy Council
- Orrick focuses on Africa with Heenan Paris hire
- A&O exploits opportunity to break into South Africa