I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and offshore as well as our practice area special reports. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @LawyermagEurope.
- 0207 970 4615
Robin Knowles QC of South Square Chambers and No5 Chambers’ deputy head Ian Dove QC have become the latest additions to the High Court bench.
Squire Patton Boggs has hired Sidley Austin partner Jens Rinze, three months after Sidley confirmed it was closing down its German practice.
DLA Piper has bucked the recent trend of slimming down in Eastern Europe by expanding its Prague offering through a merger with local firm Haškovcová & Co.
- Allen & Overy set to launch in South Africa with senior Bowmans hires
- Hengeler wins reprieve for Uber in German battle over taxi app
- Dutch boutique Rutgers & Posch picks up Freshfields' former Amsterdam head
- Gordons sees revenue fall after shift away from claimant PI work
- Bates Wells Braithwaite mourns former senior partner Stephen Lloyd
- Borenius and Lawin lead as Ask.com owner IAC acquires Ask.fm
- CPS to take no action against ex-Times lawyer Brett in NightJack phone hacking case
- Local authorities clamber aboard the ABS bandwagon
- Law Society picks NHSLA head Dixon as new CEO
- Boyes Turner sees PEP rocket in 2013/14 after ending tripartite merger talks
- Ukraine's Vasil Kisil splits in two as five partners launch new firm
- High Court orders disclosure of documents covered by privilege in long-running Ablyazov case
- A&O, Linklaters and VdA help secure rescue of Portugal's Banco Espirito Santo
- European moves: 7 August 2014
- Freshfields spins off Barcelona office into IP boutique
- HSF continues German growth with Freshfields' Hamann
- East Anglia's Birketts achieves 20 per cent profit rise through organic growth