The Lawyer Asia Pacific 150 is the only research report to provide a ranking of the top 100 independent local firms and top 50 global firms in the region. The report offers critical review of some of the fastest growing firms and their strategies, a country-by-country guide to leading legal advisers and legal services market trends, plus exclusive insight into the current business development opportunities in the Asia Pacific. Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
The Republic of Cote D'Ivoire has signed a debt restructuring deal worth US$6.8bn, with its foreign creditors who were represented by a team of lawyers from White & Case's Paris office. Paris-based partners John Riggs and Paul Biensan acted on the deal, assisted by two associates, Mark Richards and Anne Ledcrer. The team advised the creditors' steering committee on what has been described as a particularly complex transaction. The deal consisted of the repurchase and cancellation of 30 per cent of the country's external commercial debt at a discount. The remaining 70 per cent of the debt is to be exchanged for partly secured bonds issued in French francs and US dollars, which are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. Bonds have been issued in exchange for past-due interest on the principal. The closing of the deal is scheduled for this autumn.