Whether it comes to day-to-day operations or to complex transactions, commercial and contract law advice is one point you will need to always carry in your backpack.
A proper legal structure for your commercial project and a proficiently drafted contractual framework can really make the difference between loss and gain. We at Maravela & Asociatii treat commercial and contract law assignments as a matter of mathematical precision. Since business is all about risk management, we aim at the red flags and we take them down by sharply built legal structures and carefully shaped contractual frameworks meant to give you strong foundations for your commercial endeavours.
Our lawyers have highly specialised knowledge of commercial and contract law and experience of dealing with a wide range of foreign and local, sophisticated and non-sophisticated partners in a large array of commercial matters and diverse types of contracts and contract-related disputes, which allows them to adapt contract drafting techniques as well as negotiation strategy to specific features of each matter.
Our team has been involved, among others, in a large number of international and local commercial agreements for the manufacturing, sale, lease and servicing of goods, transportation, supply, insurance, agency, distribution and service agreements, unincorporated joint ventures and partnerships, e-commerce matters and settlement agreements.
Highlights of the assignments that have been handled by our lawyers throughout their practice include advice and representation to:
- The leading European freight wagons manufacturing group, in connection with the commercial contracts concluded with the group’s key customers and suppliers
- The main supplier of world-leading producers in the automotive industry on day-to-day commercial matters, including structuring of commercial transactions, drafting and negotiating agreements, adjusting general terms and conditions of the company in accordance with the Romanian laws and assistance during the acquisition process of machinery and equipment
- The world leader in gas struts and hydraulic vibration dampers, regarding the implementation of the group’s general terms and conditions for acquisitions and sale to the activity of the local branch
- The developer of an industrial park, in connection with commercial and contract law matters pertaining to the development process of the industrial park, including the related contractual framework
- A reputed pharmaceuticals retailer, in connection with commercial and contract law matters pertaining to the development process of the pharmacy shops network, including drafting, negotiating and implementing the relevant contractual framework
- One of the leading manufacturers of mobile devices, in connection with supply and services agreements pertaining to the development of a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility as well as the contractual framework pertaining to the envisaged suppliers hub
- One of the leading pharmaceutical companies at global level, in connection with various distribution, supply and sponsorship agreements
- A reputed European real-estate developer, in connection with the entire contractual framework pertaining to the development of two major shopping centres
- A global supplier of seismic exploration equipment, in connection with the successful contractual settlement and securitisation of its commercial receivables against a major Romanian company
- A leading expert in appraisals, auctions and liquidation services, in connection with the purchasing of a high-value production line from a world-leading automotive manufacturer and the contractual settlement of the claims arising therefrom
- A major European group, in connection with complex commercial matters pertaining to unauthorised assignment of receivables, contractual set-off and related contract law aspects
- A leading Romanian manufacturer of nutritional supplements, in connection with the drafting of the company’s template for international sale contracts
- One of the leading European car rental groups, in connection with contract law aspects entailed by pre-litigation disputes regarding a commercial contract concluded with the Romanian subsidiary of one of the biggest companies worldwide
- A major European sports equipment retailer, in connection with the securitisation of the franchise granted to a Romanian company
This material has been sourced from the Maravela & Asociatii website.