Addleshaw Goddard has expanded its London corporate team with the appointment of financial services transactions specialist Ben Koehne from Allen & Overy.
Koehne is reported to have extensive experience of corporate transactional and advisory work in the financial services sector.
As a senior member of the Financial Institutions Group at Allen & Overy, he worked with many financial services institutions, including retail banks, mutuals, building societies, asset managers and stock exchanges.
He has led teams and advised on numerous significant deals in recent years, including:
- Advising Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing on its £1.388bn recommended cash offer to acquire the London Metal Exchange
- Advising on the establishment of Reclaim Fund and on the creation of the UK unclaimed assets scheme for banks and building societies
- Advising UK retail banks on the creation of, and their investment in, Big Society Capital
- Acting on numerous building society mergers, acquisitions and restructurings, including advising Nationwide on its mergers with Portman, Derbyshire and Cheshire building societies, as well as the partial acquisition of Dunfermline Building Society under the UK Banking Act 2009 and a subsequent social-housing book acquisition from the Bank of England-owned Bridge Bank
- Advising on the merger of Britannia Building Society with Co-operative Financial Services, the first-ever merger between two different types of mutual organisation under new enabling legislation