Patricia Umunna advises clients on all aspects of social-housing finance and funding. She acts for registered providers, charitable and non-charitable entities, SPVs and corporates.
She has particular expertise in bi-lateral and syndicated lending (including non-bank lending), joint ventures and development finance, security trustee structures, group restructuring, bonds, standalone hedging and ISDA agreements and all aspects of security.
Umunna acts for both borrowers and lenders in corporate lending transactions.
- Acting for a large RP group on the restructuring of the group and the amalgamation of the group members into one entity. The amalgamation required extensive amendments and revision of eight loan agreements that had to be completed within a tight timeframe
- Acting for a treasury vehicle that is on-lending to a large RP group and that is being funded by a pension fund (one of the first transactions of its kind)
- Acting for a JV borrower with a RP funder in relation to a £35m development loan where the members of the JV were a RP and a house builder
- Acting on a £250m bond issue for a large RP group, advising on the security aspects, the security documentation and the placing of the bond security
- Acting for an RP entering a standalone hedging arrangement in relation to some of its loans, advising on and negotiating the relevant ISDA documentation
- Acting for a housing co-operative that was proposing to provide finance to another co-operative in financial difficulties that included drafting and negotiating the loan and security documentation