Stuart Lawrenson is an employment partner advising clients such as Krispy Kreme, Phase Eight and Safestore on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non contentious. He is an experienced Tribunal advocate where he has represented both employers and employees.
Lawrenson prides himself in giving commercial, practical and ‘no-nonsense’ advice. He is aware that different clients can require different kinds of advice and he adapts his style and advice accordingly.
He regularly deals with knotty disciplinary and grievance issues often involving senior employees and claims of discrimination. On a more strategic level he has much experience advising on restructures, large scale redundancies and outsourcing situations.
Recent advice has included:
- Reviewing, advising and providing commercial TUPE advice to a client after it won a significant contract from a competitor
- Advising a client after a business critical third-party supplier went into liquidation with very little notice — the advice provided enabled the client to continue to operate seamlessly and gave it breathing space to consider its employment options
- Providing strategic advice ahead of a complicated national restructure of a key client which included advising on the need to collectively consult
- Advising a managing director (and negotiating on his behalf) in relation to a particularly complicated compromise agreement and securing a significant increase in the employer’s offer
- Providing advice (ongoing) to one of the first known companies to offer employee shareholder status
Lawrenson is head of the employment team in the Solent office. He is a keen and passionate trainer in employment law and best business practice and has delivered bespoke courses to numerous clients and has recently worked closely with a client to deliver a specific course on collective consultation for their employee forum representatives. He has designed and successfully rolled out a national training course and employment law updates aimed specifically at managers.
He graduated form Leicester University in 1996 having studied law and later completed the LPC at Oxford Law School. He joined Shoosmiths as a fee earner working in the firm’s personal injury department in 1998. Since September 2001 Lawrenson has specialised in employment law and was made partner in 2013.
Click here to find out more about Stuart Lawrenson.
This information was sourced from the Shoosmiths website.