Sean Wright heads up the National Private Equity practice and leads the South Corporate team covering Shoosmiths’ Solent, Thames Valley and Milton Keynes offices. A top-class corporate partner, he is identified by Chambers and Partners as ‘a leader in his fields’, while in Legal 500 he is said to be ‘the best corporate lawyer on the South coast’.
Since joining Shoosmiths in 2004, Wright has built the private equity team into the first-class national practice it is today. Acting for equity providers, management teams and financial sponsors, the team has a unique national footprint, with a top-class equity offering across the UK from Manchester to the Solent.
Major deals where Wright has recently been involved:
- Acting for August Equity and the management shareholders on the disposal of the entire share capital of Planit Holdings to Vero Software;
- Acting for Ageas (UK) on the acquisition of Kwik Fit Financial Services and the acquisition of Castle Cover;
- Acting for LDC on its buyout of Vysionics and on the buy-out of A-Gas;
- Acting on the Bowmark-led buy-out of Glenside Care Group;
- Acting on the HIG Capital acquisition of Aircom International;
- Acting for the August Equity and the selling shareholders on the secondary buy-out of Lifeways Community Care by OMERS Private Equity;
- Acting for management on the MBO of Davies Group by Electra Partners in a transaction that saw LDC exit; and
- Acting on the development capital investment in the Benefex group by the Business Growth Fund (BGF).
Wright qualified in London in 1990, gaining practical experience with a year’s secondment to Shell International. He then moved to Addleshaws, specialising in corporate finance. In 1994, he joined regional law firm Blake Lapthorn in Hampshire, where he went on to head the firm’s corporate finance practice in Southampton. He joined Shoosmiths in 2004 as an equity partner.