The Curtis Restructuring and Insolvency group regularly advises debtors, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors, financial institutions, equity owners and investors, trustees, liquidators and court-appointed fiduciaries and foreign and domestic governmental agencies on all facets of restructuring and insolvency matters both in and out of court.
Curtis counsels clients in a broad array of business areas, including private equity, distressed investing, derivatives and structured financings, retail, real estate, airlines, telecommunications, maritime, manufacturing, energy and commodities.
Curtis has developed a national reputation as the leading law firm in ‘conflicts counsel’ engagements in large and complex Chapter 11 restructurings on both the debtor and creditor committee sides.
The range of services provided by the group includes:
- Acting as lead counsel to companies and creditors’ committees in both in-court and out-of-court restructurings, reorganisations and liquidations
- Acting as conflicts counsel or co-counsel for debtors’ and creditors’ committees in major Chapter 11 engagements
- Acting as bankruptcy litigation counsel in complex litigation matters in bankruptcy cases throughout the US
- Acting as counsel in cross-border restructurings and insolvencies, including under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Acting as counsel for the stalking horse bidder or purchaser in acquisitions and dispositions of distressed securities and business and related assets
- Acting as counsel to significant creditors or indenture trustees in major Chapter 11 engagements
The Restructuring and Insolvency group’s attorneys complement their US insolvency practice with insolvency and restructuring matters arising out of the firm’s offices in Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
For more information on restructuring and insolvency click here.