Karen Harvie has more than 20 years’ experience in commercial litigation, employment dispute resolution, personnel management and commercial project work.
Her practice covers a wide range of employment-related matters, including:
- Mergers, business transfers, internal and group restructuring;
- Absence management, performance and misconduct dismissals;
- Disciplinary and grievance investigations;
- Tribunal representation;
- Staff, senior manager and board member training;
- Negotiations and dispute resolution; and
- Contract and policy drafting.
Harvie has extensive experience in guiding employer clients through the intricacies of the TUPE transfer regulations, managing complex restructuring and redundancy projects and advising on whistleblowing and regulatory matters.
She also represents clients at employment tribunals throughout Scotland in claims ranging from individual unfair dismissal disputes to multi-claimant working time claims.
In addition to employment, Harvie advises on related matters such as pensions, governance, regulatory compliance, data protection and health and safety.
She is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the Health and Safety Lawyers Association. She is also a popular speaker at seminars and conferences.