At Olswang, we provide senior-level expertise to clients who raise or lend funds in the debt or capital markets. We understand the markets and offer pragmatic and commercially astute advice.
Our team comprises dedicated lawyers in the UK, France, Germany and Spain, together with finance, corporate, real-estate, technology, media, telecommunications, tax, pensions, employment and litigation lawyers involved with lending, borrowing, restructuring and insolvency matters.
Our clients, who range from financial institutions and private equity sponsors to large corporates, are quick to notice our business acumen, rapid turnaround and absolute commitment to their business.
We provide transactional services across a full range of debt structures:
- Loan facilities, including trade credits, letters of credit, guarantee facilities, overdrafts and receivables financings;
- Senior, mezzanine and bridge financing structures;
- Structured finance, including bond and note issues, securitisation, monetisation, synthetic sale arrangements and derivatives;
- Acquisition finance, including public bids, leveraged management buy-outs and schemes of arrangement; and
- Real-estate finance, including acquisitions of commercial property, development loans and hunting facilities for opportunity funds.
We also provide advisory services to clients in relation to business and transaction structuring, including structured financing, counterparty risk analysis, restructuring and insolvency.
All our offices embrace the sector expertise of our real-estate, retail and leisure, telecommunications, technology, life-sciences and media practice groups. Our cross-practice approach allows us to provide in-depth commercial insight to clients seeking financial and operational debt financing and restructuring advice.
We are a leader in pensions restructuring, having set up the first dedicated pensions restructuring practice, our Pensions Restructuring Special Situations Group (PReSS). We are also one of the very rare experts in the specialist area of restructuring NHS and Foundation Trusts Hospitals.
For more information on finance click here.