The Curtis ERISA, Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits practice represents clients including national and multinational corporations and partnerships, corporate executives, boards of directors, single- and multi-employer plans, ERISA fiduciaries, financial institutions, tax-exempt organisations, hedge funds, private equity funds and insurers.
The range of services provided by the group includes:
- Advising clients on a broad range of domestic and international employee benefits issues, including those under Titles I, II and IV of ERISA, as well as state, local, federal and international laws affecting employee benefit plans
- Designing, implementing and advising on qualified and non-qualified retirement plans
- Designing and negotiating executive employment and change-in-control agreements and advising on all relevant tax issues, including considerations under Internal Revenue Code Sections 83, 162(m), 280G, 409A and 457A
- Representing clients in determination letter, letter ruling, prohibited transaction and audit proceedings before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Labor Department and Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC) and advising on COBRA, HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Work in employee health and welfare benefit plans, including medical, dental and vision plans for both active employees and retirees, group-term life insurance, long- and short-term disability plans and Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association (VEBAs) plans
- Employee benefits aspect of bankruptcies and reorganisations as well as international employee benefits and executive compensation matters
For more information on ERISA, executive compensation and employee benefits click here.