– Michael Burns joins Northern Ireland firm Robert G Sinclair & Co as head of commercial property and banking. Burns joins from MKB Russells. Robert G Sinclair & Co has also hired Claire Silcock as an associate. She was previously at Elliot Duffy Garrett in London.
– Nabarro has recruited two partners to strengthen its dispute resolution team. Peter Fitzpatrick and George Maling, both specialists in international arbitration, join from Howrey where they were partners in the litigation team.
– Beachcroft has bolstered its public law group with the hire of Sarah Jerebine as an associate in London. Jerebine joins from NHS regulator Monitor, where she was in-house counsel.
– Mishcon de Reya has added to its associate and assistant numbers with five appointments. Simon Noonoo and Alisa Kaysner join as associates from Berwin Leighton Paisner and CHI&Partners respectively. Michelle Kennedy, Laurence Jacobson and Natalie de Renzy-Martin join as assistants from Dickinson Dees, Rochman Landau and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer respectively.
– BDO Stoy Hayward forensic accounting partner Mike Mason is to start a secondment at 3 Pump Court Chambers in Winchester. Mason recently qualified as a barrister and will start a year-long pupillage.
– Specialist motoring law firm Geoffrey Miller Solicitors has hired Andrew Gilmore as an associate. He was previously at Eddowes Waldron in Derby.
– The Employment Tribunals has appointed Julia Jones, Fiona Monk, Philip Lancaster and Richard Taylor as salaried chairmen. Lancaster will start today (8 October), while Jones, Monk
and Taylor started last week (1 October). Jones will be assigned to London East region, Monk to Birmingham, Taylor to London Central and Lancaster to Nottingham.
– Stacey Carter joins Napthens‘ Preston office as a trainee. Carter studied law at Lancaster University and took her LPC at BPP Law School in Manchester.
– Thomas Eggar has appointed four lawyers into its private client team. Anthony Nixon joins as a partner from Lester Aldridge. Sue Adams joins as an associate, also from Lester Aldridge. Ana Wisdell joins as a senior consultant from Mercer & Hole and Graham Mingay joins as an assistant from Baker Son & Young.
– Chemicals giant ICI has promoted Scott Thorn-Davis to general counsel for its national adhesives business. Thorn-Davis was previously European legal counsel for ICI’s national starch business.
– Yvonne Coppel has been appointed as a circuit judge, assigned to the Northern Circuit. She will be based in Liverpool, where she will cover the civil and family courts from 18 October. She has been a recorder since 2000.
– McDermott Will & Emery has hired Vanessa Morgan as a partner in its employment team. She was previously at Allen & Overy, where she was counsel.
– Lovells has hired Steven Capon as the head of finance systems. He joins from Clifford Chance, where he assisted with the offshoring of the firm’s IT and finance systems to India.
– Howes Percival has expanded its employment team with the hire of Tom Sharpe. He joins as an associate in the Norwich office from DLA Piper.
– Clark Hood has joined asb law as an associate in the commercial litigation team. He joins from litigation specialists Kennedys. He has particular knowledge of the transport, engineering and construction sectors.