I have been The Lawyer's features editor since 2003. During that time I've overseen numerous data-led projects, in particular the UK 200 Annual Report. I also lead the editorial focus on the operational side of the law, most notably in the new The Lawyer Management newsletter, which includes a weekly column in the print edition, news stories and blogs and will feature a day-long conference and awards in September. My remit covers the entire market but in terms of reporting my focus tends to be on US firms. In 2007 I set up and ran the publication's New York office. On a weekly basis I'm responsible for commissioning and editing several regular articles and columns in the print edition, including opinion articles.
- 020 7970 4558
Deloitte has emerged as the dominant player in the UK law firm audit market, new research by The Lawyer has revealed.
With the recent demise of Manches, we examine the auditors and the complex task of determining a firm’s health
Addleshaw Goddard’s Manchester-based Transaction Services Team (TST) celebrated its third anniversary last week, with the firm saying it is now ahead of its target of delivering 10 per cent of its work through the TST by 2015.
- US IP shop Finnegan opens in London, shuts down in Brussels
- 'Beer and song' raises £215,000 at Law Rocks' Six of the Best
- Olswang revenue up 15% at half-year stage to £57.6m
- Legal Harmony launches choir competition for lawyers
- Law Rocks Unplugged: the charity fundraiser and the Wild Sex Party video
- LPO provider Exigent raises stakes in lower cost offering with mLegal acquisition
- Fladgate turnover up 15% at half year as firm hires FFW construction head
- Boodle Hatfield quits Mayfair for Bankside
- DWF emerges as big winner on lockup reduction in the UK 200
- The Lawyer UK 200: Getting down to business subscription
- UK 200: Financial management subscription
- UK 200: Operational efficiency subscription
- The Lawyer UK 200: hundreds of metrics now online
- Kevin Gold reappointed as Mishcon holds first-ever management elections
- Mishcons picks up former Government adviser for comms push
- Hogan Lovells continues to build tax team with second hire in a month
- BLP confirms 40 per cent cut in profit for 2012/13