I have been The Lawyer's features editor since 2003. During that time I've overseen numerous data-led projects, in particular the UK 200 Annual Report. I also lead the editorial focus on the operational side of the law, most notably in the new The Lawyer Management newsletter, which includes a weekly column in the print edition, news stories and blogs and will feature a day-long conference and awards in September. My remit covers the entire market but in terms of reporting my focus tends to be on US firms. In 2007 I set up and ran the publication's New York office. On a weekly basis I'm responsible for commissioning and editing several regular articles and columns in the print edition, including opinion articles.
- 020 7970 4558
Latham & Watkins has topped The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the 30 largest international firms in the UK by revenue for the first time, with UK revenue hitting an all-time high of $210.6m.
Litigation powerhouse Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan has dropped out of The Lawyer’s annual top 30 international firms in London table this year following the resolution of two of its largest cases during 2013 and a reduction in UK turnover of 28 per cent.
Firm points out a close reading of its accounts shows a healthy debt position
- Tollers MP Duncan Nicholson: We're closing the debt gap
- Debt: Red lines subscription
- Herbies tops charts in The Lawyer's first-ever ranking of net debt
- Knowledge management: Unleash the power
- Internet business NetNames gears up for first-ever panel review
- Olswang's CEO Stewart: Consolidation in the mid-market will accelerate
- Former Shell legal head Peter Rees resurfaces at Thirty Nine Essex Street
- In-house interview: Master of domains – Andy Southam at Netnames
- Mishcon turns to DPP silk Levitt for business crime launch
- Follow the yellow-brick M1
- Say hi to low-cost Manchester
- Reed Smith revenue up 6% to $1.075bn, PEP hits $1.14m
- Quinn Emanuel London revenue falls by 28% in 2013 to £19.8m
- Debevoise PEP at $2.3m as bottom line boosted by cost cutting
- Pillsbury launches English law asset finance team with five-lawyer hire from DLA Piper
- Patton Boggs and Squire Sanders: a fine romance?
- Akin Gump revenue up 7 per cent as PEP grows by a fifth