Wilson is a partner in the Shoosmiths’ Banking and Finance team advising banks and funders, as well as institutional investors, corporates and Registered Providers. She specialises in corporate banking, acquisition finance, property and development finance, security documentation and asset based finance (including Invoice discounting) and social housing funding.
Wilson is based in the Birmingham office but regularly works out of the Milton Keynes office to look after our Banking and Finance clients over the wider Midlands patch.
Having studied law at UEA Norwich, Wilson undertook her training contract with Shoosmiths, qualifying in 1999. She spent five years working for DLA in Birmingham before joining Geldards LLP as a senior associate. Wilson rejoined Shoosmiths in 2008 as a partner, with responsibilities for both the Midlands and North Banking and Finance practice.
Wilson is listed as a leading individual in her field in Chambers & Partners and described as “committed to getting the deal done”.
She has a wide range of experience, recent highlights include:
- Acting for the leveraged finance teams at RBS, HSBC and Lloyds who provided xxm facilities (amount confidential) to AGAS (Orb) Limited to finance a share acquisition of a gas supply business and backed by LDC.
- Advising Ares Capital Europe Limited as mezzanine lender on the 66.4m senior debt and capex facilities provided for the 100m share acquisition of Education and Adventure Travel (Holdings) Limited and its group.
- Advising Newport City Homes on the funding of its stock transfer where Helen negotiated a complex funding structure of 136.2 million provided by a club of three lenders.
- Advising Derwent Housing Association in relation to a 65m LOBO facility provided by Barclays Bank plc.
- Advising a Midlands based Registered Provider on a new 40 million debt facility from The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
- Advising HSBC Bank plc on the 4.5m debt financing of the share acquisition of a company in the energy sector and subsequent bolt on share acquisitions.
- Advising Santander Corporate Banking on the 11.5m debt financing of a share acquisition of healthcare operators in the East Midlands.
- Advising Avocet Holdings Limited on the refinance of its existing 17m debt line with KBC.
News from Shoosmiths
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Shoosmiths
These days, it seems as if every passing week brings with it a new story in the press about the legal risks of engaging with social media.
It is important to know what changes have been made to the statutory regime for succession to a tenancy when a tenant dies.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Compliance and corporate governance codes for large financial institutions will undoubtedly include provisions to regulate high pay in the future
There’s more to the ABS model than attracting the man in the street and procuring external investment. Partners at the big corporate firms, take note…