Hammonds head of construction joins Reynolds Porter Chamberlain
13 April 2009 | By Margaret Taylor
Hammonds head of construction Jeff Brown has left the firm to join Reynolds Porter Chamberlain as a consultant.
Move of the week
Norton Rose has appointed Andrew McEachern as global director of people and talent development. The role is a new senior management position within the practice. He joins from Goldman Sachs International in London.
• Hammonds head of construction Jeff Brown has left the firm to join Reynolds Porter Chamberlain as a consultant.
• Michelmores has boosted its Mayfair office
• Blake Lapthorn has launched an asset-based lending team headed by former Hammonds director Chris Willison, who joins Blake Lapthorn in May. The firm has also appointed Mike Kendall to the new position of head of local government.
• Bindmans has promoted employment lawyer Mark Emery and criminal lawyers Martin Rackstraw and Katie Wheatley to partner.
• Shipping boutique Jackson Parton has hired Jaime Soroa Garcia as an assistant in the litigation team. He was previously an in-house lawyer with Steamship Mutual.
• Leigh Day & Co has launched an employment discrimination team by hiring partner Camilla Palmer, consultant Joanna Wade and assistant Melanie Thomas. They previous ran their own firm, Palmer Wade.
• Surrey firm Mundays has poached dispute resolution partner Joseph Kean from Eversheds, where he was a partner in London.
• Tunbridge Wells-headquartered Buss
Murton Solicitors has promoted private
client lawyer Reshma Field to the partnership.
• Banbury-headquartered Brethertons Solicitors has become one of the first firms to invite a non-lawyer to joins its partnership. Finance director Trevor Dyer was promoted on
• Newcastle-based Crutes Law Firm has promoted private client lawyer Paul Nickalls to associate.
• Hill Dickinson corporate partner Mark Warburton has left the firm to become a partner and head of corporate at Bridge McFarland, which is based in Grimsby.
• Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has elected Marzio Longo as Italy managing partner. He takes over from Raffaele Lener, who for the time being will remain as the firm’s co-managing partner.
• Paul Hulshof has joined CMS Derks Star Busmann as a junior partner in the Utrecht tax practice. He was previously a consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
• Swedish firm Vinge has recruited Marcus Glader as a partner and head of the Brussels office. He joins from Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton.
• Lovells has taken on Rainer Wessely as a senior associate in the competition practice. Prior to this appointment he was a lawyer within the cartel directorate of the European Commission.
• Weil Gotshal & Manges has boosted its business finance and restructuring practice with the hire of partner Joseph Smolinsky from Chadbourne & Park. He will be based in New York.
• Jonathan Redgrave has moved from litigation boutique Redgrave Daley Ragan & Wagner to Nixon Peabody in Washington DC.
• Seven barristers from Exchange Chambers – Mark Ainsworth, Neil Cadwallader, Ian Harris, Catherine Howells, Tina Landale, Mark Rhind and Amanda Yip – have been appointed as recorders.
• The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising has hired Douglas Styles as a full-time employment lawyer. He was previously a locum solicitor at The Coca-Cola Company in Europe.
• Legal consultancy Temporal Tanja Consulting has recruited Frans Post, a former finance director at Clifford Chance in New York.