Conyers’ Hong Kong office wins five China Business Law Journal Deal of the Year awards
Conyers Dill & Pearman’s Hong Kong office has been recognised for its involvement in the leading China-related transactions of 2012, taking home five China Business Law Journal Deal of the Year honours.
The winning deals include:
- Youku and Tudou merger — M&A (inbound and domestic)
- Yum!’s acquisition of Little Sheep — M&A (inbound and domestic)
- Alibaba’s privatisation and repurchase of Yahoo!’s stake and relevant financing issues — take private
- Shanda Interactive Entertainment privatisation — take private
- Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group listing — overseas capital market (equity)
China Business Law Journal selected the winning deals based on a number of factors, including the overall significance, complexity and innovative nature of the deals, as well as the deal size.
News from Conyers Dill & Pearman
Briefings from Conyers Dill & Pearman
Cayman Islands Law Update: the Exempted Limited Partnership Bill and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Bill
Following extensive consultation in both the public and private sectors, the Exempted Limited Partnership Bill 2014 was gazetted on 21 February 2014.
The court looked at the issue of whether a stranger to a trust, who dishonestly assists in a breach of trust, is a ‘trustee’ within the meaning of s21(1)(a) of the UK Limitation Act 1980.