Banking and finance services
Ogier is a market-leading law firm providing banking and finance advice on all areas of banking regulation, transaction documentation, security and the establishment and operation of banking institutions in the British Virgin Islands (BVI), the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Banking and finance services:
- Review and drafting of banking documentation including standard banking documents, lending and security documents and opinions
- Advice on financing structures involving entities established in the BVI, the Cayman Islands, Jersey, Guernsey and Luxembourg (including asset finance, structured finance and real property holding structures)
- Establishment and operation of banking operations in the BVI, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg
- Sale and acquisition of banking operations in the BVI, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg
- Ongoing regulatory and compliance advice
- General banking legal advice, including data protection and confidentiality
- Set-off and netting advice
- Advice on restructuring and insolvency and enforcement matters
In addition to specialist advice on regulation and documentation, we have a listings team dealing with the listing of debt and other securities on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange (CSX) and the Channel Islands Stock Exchange (CISX).
This material has been sourced from the Ogier website. Please go here for more details.
News from Ogier
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Ogier
A company registered in a foreign jurisdiction can migrate from its home jurisdiction to Jersey provided the laws of the foreign jurisdiction allow it to do so.
This judgment in the Court of Appeal considered an appeal on one part of the judgment of Lieutenant Bailiff Chadwick (the Judge) of December 2013.