Restructuring and insolvency
Penningtons Manches’ multi-disciplinary team provides practical, commercial guidance for financial institutions, borrowers, companies, insolvency practitioners, directors, individuals, creditors, pension trustees and other insolvency stakeholders. We advise on the full spectrum of restructuring, insolvency, bankruptcy and recovery.
Our team’s expertise covers all types of contentious and non-contentious restructurings and insolvencies. We actively apply the sector capabilities of our real estate, retail, travel, hotels and leisure, technology, healthcare and pensions groups, enabling us to provide pragmatic market insight along with our specialist advice.
We work closely with financial institutions, directors, shareholders, insolvency practitioners, creditors and other insolvency stakeholders to find workable solutions to clients seeking financial, trading or operational restructuring and insolvency guidance.
While overseeing the legal issues in a restructuring, we also focus on the needs of the business and its managers, owners, lenders and employees and work hard to deliver solutions that take into account the concerns of all the organisation’s key stakeholders. Our lawyers have established long-standing relationships with a variety of financial institutions, banks and funds, which can assist both businesses and individuals to manage and survive their problems.
In addition to advising clients across the UK, our business recovery solicitors have worked on a variety of cross-border transactions and recoveries, with a particular focus on organisations in mainland Europe, the US, the Far East, India and Russia.
We offer expert advice on:
- Debt and equity restructuring and refinancing
- Solvent and insolvent reorganisations and schemes of arrangement, formal or informal credit arrangements and company voluntary arrangements (CVAs)
- Accelerated mergers and acquisitions, pre-packaged administrations, administrations, voluntary and compulsory liquidations
- Bankruptcy and individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs)
- Partnership disputes and insolvency
- Distressed debt trading and exits
- Security priority and improvement
- Debt and asset recovery, retention of title, trust and other creditor claims
- Employee and pension claims and issues
- Landlord and tenant positions
- Intellectual property rights
- Key customer and supplier insolvency protection
Click here for more information on restructuring and insolvency.