In addition to our unrivalled reputation for police misconduct work, including inquests, we are regularly instructed by a wide range of disciplinary authorities and respondents in proceedings dealing with the full spectrum of professional misconduct.
In particular, members at all levels of call appear before bodies such as:
- General Medical Council
- Health Professions Council
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Professional Conduct Committee of the General Council of the Bar
- Regulatory Decisions Committee of the Financial Services Authority
- Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
- Various sports disciplinary tribunals (including British Boxing Board of Control, Football Association, UK Athletics, International Association of Athletics Federations, International Cricket Council and Lawn Tennis Association)
Our first-rate skills as criminal advocates enable us to provide robust representation for our clients in proceedings that may have serious ramifications for their professional reputations and careers. In addition, our vast experience in criminal, regulatory and public law means that we can provide continuity of representation in any related criminal proceedings (including the offence of misconduct in public office), inquests or inquiries or judicial review claims.
Hugh Davies was named Professional Discipline Junior of the Year at the Chambers Bar Awards in 2009 and nominated again in 2010.
Click here to find out more about the professional discipline practice.
News from Three Raymond Buildings
Briefings from Three Raymond Buildings
Last month Iranian president Hassan Rouhani attended the World Economic Forum and encouraged the international community to ‘come and visit Iran to see the investment opportunities’.