Sophisticated investment strategies require sophisticated legal strategies. Today’s funds need new strategies to take on increased scrutiny from investors and regulators. Complex and multi-jurisdictional regulations with global reach demand quality legal services that seamlessly cross disciplines and continents.
Memery Crystal offers an experienced and integrated investment funds team that co-ordinates all the needs of your fund, from formation, investment strategies and corporate matters, to tax, employment, litigation and bankruptcy issues. Our knowledge of the most complex asset classes helps you understand your rights and find opportunities to monetise equity positions. And, in a volatile market, our experience with distressed investments and bankruptcy proceedings helps you measure and minimise risk.
Our team has deep experience operating in Ireland, Luxembourg, Cayman and other ‘new’ fund jurisdictions, in addition to traditional offshore US and UK domiciles. We help you customise your fund structure to your investment goals, and provide documentation that can stand up to any level of review.
We counsel hedge funds, asset managers, venture capital and private equity firms, as well as investment banks and their third-party platforms on:
- Fund structuring and formation of every kind of fund
- Documentation — with an integrated suite of market tested documents
- Advice and negotiation of agreements with prime brokers and administrators
- Fund domicile
- Due diligence
- Investments in CLOs, CBOs, CLNs, leveraged loans and other credit-based products
- Derivatives and structured products
- Monetisation and termination events
- Tax strategies
- Regulatory issues involved in establishing and marketing a fund across Europe and the US
- Publicly listed and private closed ended funds
- Traditional and specialised money market funds
- Ongoing support, compliance, transfers of interests, amendments to documents and transaction support
For further information please contact Nick Terras, head of investment funds.
This material has been sourced from the Memery Crystal website.
News from Memery Crystal
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Memery Crystal
Mediterranean Oil & Gas successfully defended a fraud claim brought by Leni Gas & Oil against two of Mediterranean Oil & Gas’s subsidiaries.
Nicholas Scott discusses bilateral investment treaties and their role in protecting the interests of mining companies from detrimental actions taken by host countries.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Commercial court waiting times are rising to new levels says the Lord Chief Justice