Insurance and reinsurance
Insurance and reinsurance are highly complex areas in which there is no substitute for market knowledge, technical excellence and sector expertise. Our international insurance and reinsurance team is recognised as a leader in the field, bringing a long track record of great results, innovative attitudes, highly effective advice and a level of service few law firms can match.
Our clients benefit from insurance expertise across our international network of 45 offices, which means that we are able to look after our clients’ interests wherever they arise.
We advise insurers, reinsurers, brokers, financial institutions and insured corporates on all manner of insurance issues, including:
- Insurance coverage issues and disputes
- The investigation and defence of liability, property, casualty, speciality and marine insurance and reinsurance claims
- Acting in professional negligence claims against brokers
- All aspects of underwriting, selling, distribution, conduct and administration of insurance business
- The regulation of insurance business
- Insurance industry mergers and acquisitions transactions and insolvency
- Insurance market joint ventures, ‘white-labelling’ deals, third-party administration and outsourcing
- Life sector business including large-scale reinsurances, multi-tie panel appointments, outsourcing, product review and second-hand products
- Corporate recovery issues for participants and stakeholders in the run-off and insolvency markets
- Insurance product design
- Part VII transfers, FSA block transfers schemes of arrangement and Part IV cancellations
- IT, e-commerce and data protection issues
- Intellectual property, banding and licensing
This material has been sourced from the Eversheds website.
News from Eversheds
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Eversheds
Technology acquisitions round-up — Facebook acquires LiveRail; Apple acquires Beats Electronics; and more
In this briefing, Eversheds sets out a choice pick of mergers and acquisitions from 2014 so far.
In Carewatch Care Services v Focus Caring Service and Others, Mr Justice Henderson had to consider the enforceability of standard post-termination restrictions.
Analysis from The Lawyer
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions
‘Exotic’ investors and opportunities for legal work beyond M&A feature in The Lawyer’s high-level roundtable debate on south-east Europe