Industry and trade
GRATA Law Firm is a leading independent firm that provides legal and other consultancy services to trade and industry companies.
In the sphere of industry, we provide the highest-quality legal products and efficient business solutions in the following areas:
- Fuel and energy
- Mining and smelting
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical industry
- Garment industry
- Food industry
Procter & Gamble Kazakhstan, Benetton Real Estate Kazakhstan, Carlsberg Breweries A/S, Danone Kazakhstan, METRO CASH & CARRY, Volkswagen AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Berlin-Chemie AG, GlaxoSmithKline Export Ltd, Canon North-East, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Adidas LLP, Sanofi-Aventis Kazakhstan, Les Laboratoires Servier, HYUNDAI Engineering & Construction Co Ltd, LG Electronics Almaty Kazakhstan, Turkuaz group of companies, Honeywell Automation Controls, Panasonic CIS, Caterpillar SARL, Raimbek-Bottlers, Xerox Ltd, UTC Fire & Security and more.
We assist in establishing legal presence and support further business development in all regions of Kazakhstan. We provide legal and consultancy services in the spheres of property administration and management, transportation and export of goods and industry equipment, financial leasing, franchising, protection of copyrights and patents, registration of trademarks and other measures of individualisation of goods and services, banking and currency regulation, the full spectrum of taxation, legal representation, litigation and mediation with companies and state bodies.
Some examples of our recent experience:
- Participation in the process of privatisation of a number of large Kazakhstani companies worth $150m (£90m), preparing all necessary documents and negotiations with state authorities
- Legal support of external economic activity, receiving quotas for export/import of separate goods, receiving licences for export/import of separate goods worth $13m
- Assistance in receiving all necessary permits and licences from state authorities to carry out industry and trade activities
- Completing due diligence of project contracts in part of performance of undertakings and commercial risks
- Legal assistance and advice in obtaining industry equipment on lease basis worth $5m
- Analysis of terms establishing structure and providing legal support with regard to proposed commercial transactions (sale and purchase, supply, rent, lease, construction, professional services, etc)
- Providing legal assistance to transactions and dealings with registration of franchising agreements; further company servicing, conforming to agreement requests and ensuring companies comply with quality requests
- Protection of intellectual property rights, registration of trademarks, industry samples and inventions, royalty agreements, agreements on licences and additional agreements for the use of well-known trademarks and brands
- Preparing judicial documents, arbitration, winning legal cases worth $22m (including copyright actions)
- Representing the interests of big leasing companies in their relations with state bodies and third parties
- Assisting in obtaining approval from the agency of natural monopolies and protection of competition
- Provision of legal assistance in real-estate transactions and dealings (trade centres, office buildings) worth $10m
- Search for business partners for well-known international companies in the sphere of industry and trade
- Legal advice to large international industry and trade companies wanting to enter the Kazakhstani market
This information was originally sourced from the GRATA Law Firm website.