Hogan Lovells set to host breakfast seminar on shared parental leave and pay
Hogan Lovells will be hosting a breakfast seminar on the introduction of shared parental leave and pay, which will be the most significant change to employment law in recent years.
The draft legislation that will underpin the new right was published earlier in March 2014, so there is now a clearer idea of how the system will operate in practice.
In its seminar on 26 March, Hogan Lovells will cover the following:
- Who is eligible: the qualifying employment and earnings tests
- Requirements to give notice of entitlement and intention to take leave
- The ability to request continuous and discontinuous periods of leave and an employer’s options in response
- KIT days, employment protection and the right to return to work
- Steps employers should be taking to prepare for the new right
News from Hogan Lovells
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Hogan Lovells
The decision of the US Court of Appeals has raised questions about how issuers should present their disclosures on conflict minerals under Exchange Act Rule 13p-1 and Form SD.
An interesting judgment was delivered by the Honourable J Majiki on 19 November 2013 in the Eastern Cape High Court, Port Elizabeth.
Analysis from The Lawyer
As international firms question their future in these small, closely linked markets, local lawyers too are eyeing the business environment with caution
Beyond the headline infrastructure projects, UK construction work is still recovering from the clobbering it took during the slump