Eversheds set to attend and support the 2014 European Business Angel Congress in Dublin
Eversheds, along with InterTradeIreland and Enterprise Ireland, is supporting the European Business Angel Congress 2014 in Dublin and will also be attending the conference to discuss insights on the Irish start-up and entrepreneurial market.
Halo Business Angel Network (HBAN), the all-island umbrella group responsible for stimulating angel investment, has announced the final speaker line-up for the European Business Angel Congress 2014, which will include international investors, business angels and entrepreneurs.
The conference will be held in Dublin Castle on 19–20 May and is the largest business angel event in Europe and the second largest in the world. It will be opened by minister for jobs, enterprise and innovation Richard Bruton TD.
Among the highlight speakers are:
- David S Rose, one of the most active angel investors in the US who has been described by Forbes magazine as ‘New York’s Archangel’;
- Loretta McCarthy of Golden Seeds, the most active angel investment organisation in the US, whose 300-strong investor network invests in female-led organisations;
- Duŝan Stojanović, who was named European Business Angel of the Year 2013 in recognition of his track record, including exiting three companies in one week;
- Ciaran O’Connell, chief executive officer of Ireland’s Decawave — O’Connell has led the fundraising of more than €24m (£20m) for Decawave from individual and institutional investors; and
- Darren Westlake, founder and chief executive officer of crowdfunding company Crowdcube, which has funded 103 companies, 71 per cent of which were technology companies. Investments can range from £10 to £250,000. The year-over-year growth of Crowdcube has been more than 560 per cent.
News from Eversheds
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Eversheds
Capacity Market participants that wish to participate in this year’s auction need to ensure they are in a position to pre-qualify within the short pre-qualification window.
The Development Bank of Southern Africa was created for accelerating sustainable socio-economic development and improving quality of life.
Analysis from The Lawyer
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions
‘Exotic’ investors and opportunities for legal work beyond M&A feature in The Lawyer’s high-level roundtable debate on south-east Europe