Environmental, health and safety
Italian worker safety and environmental regulation is extremely complex, having developed piece-meal over the years through overlapping regulations and contradictory judgements. NCTM has developed a broad experience in these areas, based on its extensive expertise in all aspects of Italian law (administrative law, civil law and criminal law).
In particular, the group specialises in:
- Defence of managers in criminal proceedings related to infringements of environmental protection regulations
- Assistance in land reclamation processes of polluted sites (from both administrative and criminal law points of view)
- Assistance in criminal and/or civil proceedings for environmental damage claims
- Assistance and consulting in the application for administrative authorisations in various sectors (water, air, waste, VAS [Strategic Environmental Assessment], VIA [Environmental Impact Assessment], AIA [Environmental Impact Authorisation] and garbage dumps) and in appeals against unlawful administrative provisions
- Legal consulting in environmental and safety management systems
- Legal assistance in the creation of management organisation charts and systems of proxies
- Compliance audits and due diligence
- Specialist lifelong training for corporate management on legislative and case law evolution
- Defence of employers, managers, agents and machine manufacturers in criminal proceedings for infringement of accident prevention regulations (grievous bodily harm and manslaughter)
- Legal defence in cases of equipment withdrawal orders or components that fail to comply with safety standards
- Preparation of compliance systems to avoid the administrative liability of companies and legal assistance in proceedings before the courts
For more information on environmental, health and safety click here.
This material has been sourced from the NCTM website.
News from NCTM
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from NCTM
The Court of Turin has pronounced its appeal decision within the interim proceedings brought by Delta TV Programs against Google and Youtube for the infringement of its IP rights.
Coty Germany filed a claim before the first-instance German court against First Note for infringement of its Community tri-dimensional trademark.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Being sent to London on secondment is a prized opportunity for associates in European firms