DLA Piper’s Israel-related transactions in 2013 exceed aggregate value of $2bn
DLA Piper advised on more than 20 significant inbound and outbound US transactions that closed last year on behalf of Israeli institutional investors and companies, as well as foreign investors and acquirers, with an aggregate value of more than $2bn (£1.2bn).
Demonstrating the firm’s strong real estate, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital capabilities, coupled with its physical presence and active engagement in the Israeli market, the deals included:
- Prolor Biotech’s $480m sale to Opko Health
- Alony Hetz Properties’ $330m investment deal with Carr Properties
- Harel Insurance Company and Menora Mivtachim Insurance’s joint $277m acquisition of the 57-storey IDS Center in Minneapolis, partnering with Beacon Investment Properties
- Fosun Pharma Group’s $240m acquisition of Alma Lasers, an Israel-based manufacturer of lasers used in cosmetic surgery
- Harel Insurance Company’s joint $187m acquisition of a 10-storey office building on London’s Fleet Street, partnering with Ares Commercial Real Estate Group
The increase in Israeli-US transaction volume follows DLA Piper’s decision to develop a global Israel practice nearly five years ago, led by partner Jeremy Lustman, who oversees a significant number of key relationships.
The firm currently represents more than 100 clients in Israel and has advised Israeli companies and investors across more than 35 different jurisdictions.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
DLA Piper has released the winter 2014 issue of SHE Matters, a newsletter dedicated to safety, health and the environment.
This regular publication by DLA Piper lawyers focuses on helping clients navigate the ever-changing business, legal and regulatory landscape.
Analysis from The Lawyer
The fragile refinance market is back in rude health and US-style alternative lenders are stepping up with innovative structures to sustain the recovery
The Lawyer’s latest Top 50 litigation firms list shows that business for dispute specialists is roaring along while new in-depth detail reveals the winning strategies