DLA Piper tops Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst list for second consecutive year
DLA Piper has been ranked first globally by Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst for the number of private equity transactions it negotiated and closed in 2012.
The law firm topped the list for the second consecutive year with 410 private equity deals.
These rankings follow on the heels of DLA Piper’s number one ranking for global M&A deal volume by Mergermarket.
Notable transactions and representations
- Arbor Investments in the acquisition of Columbus Foods LLC, a world leader in premium specialty meats and prepared foods
- Arsenal Capital Partners in the simultaneous leveraged acquisitions of Plasticolors and the Colortrend business of Evonik Industries to create Chromaflo Technologies
- Blackstone Group in its disposal of Nido Student Living to Round Hill Capital LLC
- Centerbridge Partners in the acquisition of assets of Cornerstone Health Venture LLC, an institutional pharmacy serving long-term care facilities, on behalf of its portfolio company Remedi Seniorcare Holding Corp
- CPA Global Management in its sale to Cinven from Intermediate Capital Group plc and Electra Partners LLP
- Mistral Equity Partners in the sale of Shearers Food Inc, a branded snack company
- Montagu Private Equity in the sale of Jemella Group (trading under the GHD Hair brand) to Lion Capital LLP
- N Pritzker Capital Management in the acquisition of Foundations Recovery Network LLC, an operator of inpatient and outpatient mental health facilities
- The management of SMCP Group SAS in its agreement to acquire the company from Florac SA and Capital Management, in a management buyout backed by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts Co LP
- Wind Point Partners in the purchase of Hilex Poly Co, a leading manufacturer of plastic bags
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The US Supreme Court has invalidated federal aggregate limits on individual political contributions in the case McCutcheon et al v Federal Election Commission.
Law à la Mode — April 2014: fashion flair transforms wearable technologies; delivering IT services in the retail sector; and more
DLA Piper has released the April 2014 issue of its Law à la Mode publication.
Analysis from The Lawyer
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions
The fragile refinance market is back in rude health and US-style alternative lenders are stepping up with innovative structures to sustain the recovery