DLA Piper advises Nam Kwong and subsidiary on acquisition of interest in SFED
DLA Piper has advised Nam Kwong Group Company, a state-owned enterprise, and its wholly-owned subsidiary Nam Kwong Development (HK) on the acquisition of a 90 per cent interest in Sino-French Energy Development Company (SFED) from Sino-French Holdings (Hong Kong) (SFH) for $612m (£364m).
SFED is a special-purpose vehicle, 90 per cent of which is held by SFH, with the remaining 10 per cent held by a company wholly owned by the former casino magnate Stanley Ho.
SFH is a joint-venture company formed by Suez Environement and NWS Holdings, which holds approximately a 42.2 per cent interest in Companhia de Electricidade de Macau (CEM).
CEM is the public utility company that has the sole concession to transmit, distribute and sell high-, medium- and low-voltage power in Macau.
The deal was led by Esther Leung, a corporate partner in Hong Kong, and supported by Richard Lee (senior associate) and Winnie Lo (associate) in the corporate group in Hong Kong.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
China’s State Administration of Taxation actively advances the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting 2014 Deliverables
In September 2014, SAT released a Chinese translation of the G20/OECD BEPS 2014 Deliverables. This was followed by a conference discussion between SAT and taxpayers.
It is clear that the Renewable Energy Act has succeeded in attracting more investment in solar PV than Japan’s grid can handle.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.