DLA Piper advises Manchester City on acquisition of Melbourne Heart club
DLA Piper has been involved in an Australian sports deal in Australia, which saw the firm advise English Premier League football club Manchester City on its recent acquisition of A-league football club Melbourne Heart.
The 80 per cent acquisition completed last Friday, with the owners of the NRL’s Melbourne Storm taking the remaining 20 per cent minority share.
DLA Piper corporate partner Mark Burger and senior associate Joshua Heard advised Manchester City on the deal, working closely with the City Board and Executive Leadership.
DLA Piper has previously advised Manchester City on other deals in the US and the UK.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
DLA Piper has released the 29 September 2014 issue of its Health Alert, which focuses on judgments, legislation and reports in the health sector.
Facing the looming economic threat: third parties retain the right to intervene in threatened industrial action
Third parties have retained the recently acquired right to intervene to protect their interests in the face of threatened industrial action.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions