GRATA Law Firm is the largest independent law firm in central Asia with more than 90 lawyers in 16 offices in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and representative offices in Russia, the UK and the US. For more than 20 years, the firm has successfully represented clients in all levels of Kazakhstan’s judicial system and beyond. Our experienced team of litigation and arbitration lawyers can offer unmatched quality and knowledge of local expertise for a competitive, predetermined fee.
What we do:
- Pre-dispute settlement negotiations
- Litigation in all levels of Kazakhstani courts, including the Supreme Court (civil and administrative litigation, litigation with state authorities)
- Conduct of international and domestic arbitrations
- Acting as Kazakh law counsel in aid of foreign arbitrations
- Enforcement of judgments of Kazakh courts and foreign arbitral awards
- Asset search
- Obtaining injunctions in Kazakhstan in aid of foreign arbitrations
- Legal due diligence, including internal investigations
- Legal advice on the structuring of transactions and investments from a dispute resolution perspective (choice of law, forum, investment treaty protection, jurisdictional matters)
- Legal support in the course of audits of state authorities
This information was sourced from the GRATA Law Firm website.
News from GRATA Law Firm
Briefings from GRATA Law Firm
This review is effective as of 30 July 2014 and focuses on areas including banks and finance, state procurements and the investment climate.
Taxation in Russia: resolution number 50 entitled ‘Regarding conciliation of the parties in the arbitration proceedings’
The Supreme Arbitration Court of Russia has permitted the settling of tax disputes by the conclusion of amicable agreements with tax authorities.