CIOT elects Winckworth Sherwood tax partner Simon Newsham to London branch
Winckworth Sherwood has announced that tax partner Simon Newsham has been elected to the London branch of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT). The CIOT is the professional body in the UK for advisers dealing with all aspects of taxation.
Newsham provides advice to both UK and overseas companies, including publicly quoted companies, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), OMBs and luxury brands and high-net-worth individuals.
He assists clients in a number of ways, including:
- providing innovative solutions to their tax problems
- advising on the tax aspects on corporate mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganisations and international structuring
- setting up private equity funds
- advising on university spin-outs
- dealing with disputes with HMRC
- negotiating settlement agreements for departing senior executives
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
James Lynas, a partner at Winckworth Sherwood specialising in education employment law, highlights easily avoidable human resources errors that can cost schools dear.
Name or shame: complying with the name and charitable status provisions of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014
This note focuses on two key provisions of the Act which deal with the requirement to display the name and charitable status of registered societies.