7KBW shortlisted for Set of the Year for insurance, arbitration and shipping
7KBW has been shortlisted by Chambers and Partners for the 2014 Chambers Bar Awards as Set of the Year for insurance, international arbitration and shipping.
The following members of chambers have been shortlisted for the 2014 Chambers Bar Awards in these categories:
- Commercial litigation: Silk of the Year — Jonathan Gaisman QC
- Insurance: Silk of the Year — Christopher Butcher QC; Alistair Schaff QC. Junior of the Year — Jawdat Khurshid
- International arbitration: Silk of the Year — Gavin Kealey QC
- Professional negligence: Silk of the Year — Jonathan Gaisman QC
- Shipping: Junior of the Year — Charles Priday
News from 7KBW
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from 7KBW
As an alternative to an anti-suit injunction, the Commercial Court confirms that an award of damages for breach of an English jurisdiction clause is compatible with EU law.
On 21 June 2008, the passenger cargo vessel Princess of the Stars was lost in the Philippines after sailing into Typhoon Frank.