Complete and fax back this form to register for the event
Having seen the details of your event on Lawyer Diary I would like to register for the event : U.S. PATENT PRACTICE on 23 May 2013.
This interactive seminar will explain:
• The latest changes in statutory law, including the provisions of the AIA
• Recent Federal Circuit and Supreme Court jurisprudence and its impact on the patent right
• Claim construction - the different ways the USPTO and the courts determine claim meaning and scope
• Successful U.S. claim drafting - tools, strategies and pitfalls
• Subject Matter Eligibility - including Prometheus (diagnostic methods) and Bilski (software and business methods)
• Sufficiency of the specification: Enablement, Written Description, Best Mode
• Novelty and the transition to ‘First-to-File’ under the AIA
• Nonobviousness - the impact of KSR in the predictable and unpredictable arts and how to argue against the (inevitable) allegation of obviousness
• Double Patenting - a trap for the unwary corporate client
• Fulfilling the Duty of Candor and avoiding the scourge of inequitable conduct
• Patent prosecution: Rules, Regulations and Best practices, including restriction and continuation practice
• Interference and derivation proceedings - contested inventions before and after the AIA
• Post-grant procedures including post-grant review, reexaminations, supplemental examination and reissue
• Direct and Indirect Infringement - including liability of suppliers and contractors
• Patent Litigation - and how to protect against the liberal discovery in U.S. courts
- and much more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Corporate Patent Counsel
• Patent Attorneys from corporate and private practice
• Intellectual Property Consultants
• Patent Managers and Engineers
• Company Legal Advisers
• All those involved with patent protection in the United States
And anyone drafting patent applications that might serve as a priority application in the U.S.
Highlights of the programme:
Discounted Rates available on application for personnel from non-profit making organisations and registered charities. Group discount available on request.