- Date 5 November 2014
- Location London
- Full venue address London, to be advised
£580 VATincl. VAT
- Event Reference SICAV
SICAV Funds based inLuxembourgare becoming of increasing interest toUKand other European Fund Managers concerned to have Pan European Funds with the maximum appeal, reputation and tax efficiency.
SICAVs can also be used in Life Assurance linked products as well as in stand - alone funds.
This Briefing gives a complete review as to the Structure, Documentation and Administration processes of aLuxembourgbased SICAV. A basic knowledge of Mutual Fund structure is assumed eg of OEICS, ICVCs, Unit Trusts (any type).
- Fund Administration Managers
- Fund Managers & Stockbrokers
- Marketing Managers of Mutual Funds
- Product Designers
- Linked Life Administration Managers & Fund Managers
- Lawyers & Accountants needing a complete overview
- IT Executives and Consultants designing Mutual Fund Systems
1 STRUCTURE & LEGAL BACKGROUND
European Context. Meaning of UCITS.
The Luxembourg Regulations and relevant laws
Who is the Regulator?
The "SICAV" - Investment Company with Variable Capital and OEIC.
Umbrella, Fund & Sub Fund structures explained.
Meaning of Classes of shares
UCITS III and IV: meaning and importance.
2 THE PARTIES INVOLVED IN A SICAV STRUCTURE & THEIR ROLES
The Management Company and the Board of Directors
The Depositary /Custodian and the paying agent
The Fund Administrators
The Registrar and Transfer Agent
The Investment Manager and investment adviser
The Auditor and the Legal Adviser
The Listing Agent
Role of Intermediary and Distributor
3 OFFICAL DOCUMENTS AND REPORTING ASPECTS
Articles of association
Key Investor Information Document (KHD)
Annual and interim Financial report
Long form report
4 OTHER KEY REGULATORY AND TAX ASPECTS
Basics of AML/KYC
Meaning of Investment Objective and Restrictions
Risk management requirements for UCITS 3 – SICAV (CSSF Circular 07- 308)
5 OVERVIEW OF VALUATION & PRICING PROCESS
Structure of Fees and charges and Commissions
Asset and Fund valuation
Meaning of Accruals
Meaning and calculation of Net Asset Value
Price Calculation/NAV Error
Meaning of Equalisation
Share issuance, redemption, Creation, Cancellation
6 OVERVIEW OF DEALING AND REGISTAR ASPECTS
Switching between sub funds
Account Maintenance. Account Closing
Contribution/transfer in kind
Register of investors. Content. Transfer of holdings.
Late trading and market timing issues
7 DISTRIBUTION PROCESS
Frequency and timing aspects
Meaning of xd, Record and Payment dates
Closing the books and distribution calculation
Reinvestment calculation explanation
8 OVERVIEW FUNDS CROSS BORDER SALE WITHIN EU
- NautaDutilh mourns loss of partner killed in Malaysia Airlines crash
- Leeds Big Six lawyer numbers slump as city's legal market reinvents itself
- Hill Dickinson puts 39 jobs into consultation
- Billionaire oligarch switches from Sidley to HSF for mammoth hotel battle
- Charlie Geffen: PEP should be an outcome not an objective
- Special report: Offshore - The Cayman Islands
- London associates launch women’s pre-partnership network to promote talent retention
- In-house interview: Steven Webb, head of legal, Premier Farnell
- Ropes & Gray's Allen and Goetz call time on London co-managing partner roles
- Birmingham legal chief leaves in wake of restructure