Raising Finance on the Bond Market
- Date 18 September 2014 - 19 September 2014
- Time 09:00 - 17:00
- Location London
- Full venue address London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS
- CPD Hours 12
£1,330 excl. VAT
- Event Reference RFB02
- Event type Training Course
As the availability of bank lending has been shrinking, mostly due to the enduring impact of the financial crisis and new regulatory requirements, corporations are increasingly turning to debt capital markets. 2013 in particular has seen many European companies turn to the bonds market by taking advantage of cheaper borrowing costs to diversify their funding and high investor demand.
The objective of the course is to introduce those considering raising finance in the bond markets to the key features of the market and to investigate what is required by a company to plan and execute a successful bond issue.
Using case studies and worked examples, delegates will gain a thorough understanding of the processes involved in structuring a bond issue including:
- Types of bond
- Borrowers and the credit ratings process
- Using swaps
- Investors & investor protection
- US selling restrictions
- Legal aspects
- Bond pricing & launch process
- Distribution and the closing procedure
- Liability management
Who should attend?
This is an ideal course for professionals from listed or AIM quoted companies.
- Corporate legal departments
- Finance department including Finance Director & Finance Officer
- Treasury department
- Capital markets lawyers