Your search found
Displaying 1 - 10 matches.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED AT THIS SEMINAR:
- Contracts fundamentals
- Protecting your position – liability and exclusion – latest cases
- Anti-corruption and Bribery Act clauses for contracts
- Warranties and guarantees
- Obligations and rights
- Managing contracts and contract termination in a tough economic climate
- Draft Consumer Rights Bill
- Review of recent case law
Susan Singleton – Singletons
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- Understand the contracts you manage
- Decrease reliance on external lawyers
- Reduce your risk
- Avoid expensive legal proceedings
- Tighten up your contract clauses
- Learn the latest case law and best practice on contracts and contract management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Procurement Managers/Purchasing Managers
- In-house Lawyers
- Company Secretaries
- Trainee Solicitors
- Contract Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Others whose work regularly bring them into contact with contracts
This one-day seminar is designed to help you deal with the difficult people in your working life – the people, particularly colleagues, who can be a minor irritant or make your working day a misery.
By the end of the course you will have:
• Considered why people are difficult
• Acquired hints and tips on how to deal with the dominators, the manipulators, the negatives and the obstacles
• Analysed the attributes needed for dealing with difficult people and acquired some damage limitation strategies
• Practised good questioning and listening techniques
• Developed a plan to cope with your own difficult people
AN INTERACTIVE SEMINAR COVERING:
• Three core approaches to negotiation
• Non-verbal signals: reading the signs
• What if I can’t see you? Negotiating successfully when you’re not face- to -face
• Planning for an important negotiation
• Real-world’ negotiation exercises: in a constructive, friendly but challenging environment
• Understand you own attitudes and behaviour in negotiations
• Negotiating with difficult people: insight and practical techniques
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Legal Advisors
• Contract Managers
• R&D Managers
• Business Development Managers
• IP Managers
• Patent Attorneys
• Others who work involves complex legal and/or commercial negotiations
International Bar Association
We are delighted to announce preliminary details for the IBA's 26th Annual Conference on the Globalisation of Investment Funds, which will be held in Paris, France on 31 May - 2 June 2015.
Featuring experts from the fund management industry and regulators, this essential event in the investment fund industry calendar will once again hope to provide incisive panel debates and key insights into legal and regulatory developments – and their effect on the asset management industry.
International Bar Association
In October 2015, the IBA Annual Conference will be held in the baroque splendour of Vienna, with its Hofburg Palace, Spanish riding school and famous Viennese coffee houses.
More importantly, Vienna is the hub for Central and Eastern European business, with more than 1,000 international companies coordinating their regional activities
from Austria. Over 300 international companies have their CCE headquarters in Vienna and it is the seat of several international organisations such as OPEC and the third United Nations Headquarters. With these links and connections Vienna is a fitting and inspiring setting for the International Bar Association’s 2015 Annual Conference.
What will Vienna 2015 offer?
- The largest gathering of the international legal community in the world – a meeting place of more than 5,000 lawyers and legal professionals from around the world
- Nearly 200 working sessions covering all areas of practice relevant to international legal practitioners
- The opportunity to generate new business with the leading firms in the world’s key cities
- A registration fee that entitles you to attend as many working sessions throughout the week as you wish
- Up to 25 hours of continuing legal education and continuing professional development
- A variety of social functions providing ample opportunity to network and see the city’s celebrated sights, and an exclusive excursion and tours programme
For more information or to register your interest visit: bit.ly/LWRVienna2015