Your search found
Displaying 1 - 10 matches.
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
The LL.M. in International Law is a one-year postgraduate degree course that provides advanced, comprehensive and practical training in international law. Students on the LL.M. Programme gain exposure to world-renowned faculty, benefit from being at the heart of international legal affairs in Geneva and share ideas with other participants who come from an array of different legal backgrounds and perspectives.
To provide those working in fund management operations or with fund managers, with a clear and practical overview as to what Fund Management involves. The seminar is also useful and enjoyable.
The seminar briefly covers the nature and participants in the industry in outline before covering in practical detail the nature, risks and returns of the main Asset Classes: Equities (both Developed and Emerging Markets), Bonds or Fixed Income and Cash. Investment selection and allocation is included. Hedge Funds and Real Estate investments have a useful overview. Futures and Options are explained as to what they are and how they are used in Fund Management. The seminar finally shows how Portfolios are constructed and maintained.
No specific prior knowledge is assumed but participants should have had some connection with the industry for at least 6 months. There is a limit of 10 participants per seminar to maximise personal benefit.
This course consists of the following comprehensive modules:
Module One - 8th December (9.00 - 17.30)
Valuation of Emerging Technologies
Module Two - 9th December (09.00 - 13.00)
Calculating Damages Resulting From Patent Infringement
Module Three - 9th December (14.00 - 17.30)
Negotiating Licensing Agreements for Maximum Returns
Module Four – Webinar
Advanced Patent Valuation
The course will:
- Provide an understanding of the importance of valuing patents and emerging technologies
- Give guidance on what can potentially impact the value of patents
- Demonstrate how to apply valuation methodologies to emerging technologies and patents
- Include the dissection of patents to ascertain whether they can withstand invalidity challenges, whether they truly protect the invention, and to determine licensability
- Improve your negotiating skills and apply strategies to ensure you gain maximum returns from your licensing efforts
- Evaluate damage theories and evaluate damages calculations
- Provide practical advice, useful reference material and worksheets that can be used after the course
Whatever your profession or industry, negotiating is key. At some point we all need to negotiate with partners, customers, suppliers, employees and regulators. In today’s climate negotiating is tougher than ever, with each party needing more out of the deal.
This one day seminar will increase your negotiating skills by:
- Providing a thorough overview of best practices for managing negotiations
- Delivering insight into key negotiating tenets
- Outlining solid tactics to minimise concessions
- Helping you to defend yourself against various negotiation tactics