Corporate Governance Workshop - An Update for Directors
- Date 3 July 2013 - 4 July 2013
- Location London
- Full venue address London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS
- Event Reference CGW02
The delivery of best practice corporate governance continues to be a central focus in every board room. The combined pressures of unyielding media scrutiny and the increasing demands of shareholders underline the need for a thorough understanding of corporate governance.
This two-day workshop uses interactive exercises, group work and case studies to give delegates an in-depth understanding of the current corporate governance framework in the UK.
The recent financial crisis has focused attention on the performance of those at the top of business and corporate governance standards are now in the spotlight more than ever before.
The topics covered in this course include:
the impact and implementation of the 2012 changes to the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Code
the current debate on boardroom remuneration
EU and UK proposals for reform of the audit market to enhance competition and independence of the statutory audit process
the key board performance improvement drivers of diversity, appraisal and training
improvements in financial reporting
Location: London Stock Exchange
- Tribunal rules against Travers in pregnancy discrimination case
- SJ Berwin name poised to vanish as King & Wood merger vote looms
- Sullivan boosts finance and restructuring with Linklaters' Howard
- Bond Dickinson cleans up with Colgate Palmolive panel place
- Bakers lawyer expelled from Russia in spying row