Commercial Remedies for Breach of Contract & Tort
- Date 4 July 2013
- Time 09:30:00 - 17:00:00
- Full venue address To be confirmed 14 days before the course date Southampton United Kingdom
- CPD Hours 6
BPP has a membership scheme that provides significant discounts on our entire programme of PD courses. Members of the scheme can receive up to 50% discount on any PD course booked.
- Event type Course
This course will be of benefit to those new to practice and to those wanting to refresh their understanding.
This comprehensive course provides the practitioner with a practical overview of the essential legal and equitable remedies available before the English courts. The course will cover the basic law and latest developments.
Topics covered on this course will include
* The range of agreed remedies, including liquidated damages AND interest
* Specific performance
* Injunctions, prohibitive, mandatory, quia timet and others, interim and perpetual
* Restitution, including recession and account of profits
* Rectification – common and unilateral mistake
* The full range of damages, including nominal, punitive, aggravated, and compensatory; when these can be claimed or are ordered by the court
* Delivery up of goods and/or for destruction
- Tribunal rules against Travers in pregnancy discrimination case
- SJ Berwin name poised to vanish as King & Wood merger vote looms
- Sullivan boosts finance and restructuring with Linklaters' Howard
- Bond Dickinson cleans up with Colgate Palmolive panel place
- Bakers lawyer expelled from Russia in spying row