Complete and fax back this form to register for the event
Having seen the details of your event on Lawyer Diary I would like to register for the event : Clear Legal Writing on 21 November 2013.
This course will be of benefit to any practitioner involved in legal writing, from trainees to senior partners and from pupils to silks. This course does not cover specific litigation or legal forms.
This course will introduce delegates to the use of plain English in different types of legal correspondence and documents. There are plenty of exercises and examples which makes for an interactive and stimulating course helping the delegates to practise the theory.
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
* Understand what clear legal writing means
* Recognise the need for legal clarity in different types of legal documents
* Differentiate between written and oral advice
* Classify which words and phrases have been judicially defined
* Apply general rules for drafting in plain English
* Recognise and apply the rules of interpretation
* Dispense and deal with the pitfalls and issues relating to the use of legal jargon