Civil Procedure Rules - An Introductory Guide
- Date 25 June 2013
- Time 09:30 - 17:00
- Location Nottingham
- Full venue address To be confirmed 14 days before the course date Nottingham United Kingdom
- CPD Hours 6
£420.00 plus VAT excl. VAT
BPP has a membership scheme that provides significant discounts on our entire programme of PD courses. Members of the scheme can receive up to 50% discount on any PD course booked.
- Event type Course
This course will be of benefit to newly qualified and trainee solicitors. It will also serve as a useful refresher for those already practising in this field.
The course will give practitioners detailed knowledge of the rules and procedures needed to run cases effectively and profitably in the High Court. It will include an overview and review of recent decisions illustrating the court’s interpretation of the CPR rules and their practical application.
Topics covered on this course will include:
- The Overriding Objective
- Pre-action Behaviour: Generally, the Pre-action Protocols and ADR
- Commencing Proceedings: Which Court, Statements of Case and Issuing and Serving proceedings
- After Proceedings have Commenced: Default Judgment, Allocation and Case Management
- Evidence: Witness Statements, Expert Evidence and Disclosure
- Part 36 Offers
- The Trial
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
- BLP to cut 58 legal staff in massive salary reduction drive
- Tribunal rules against Travers in pregnancy discrimination case
- Linklaters brolly scheme strikes gold as Coleen Rooney spreads firm's name
- Top private school summoned by BSB over pupillage auction
- SJ Berwin name poised to vanish as King & Wood merger vote looms