CPD / Events
Please use the search or browse function below to find events of interest.
Browse by Topic
- Real Estate (552)
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution (472)
- Business & Management Skills (446)
- Company / Commercial (358)
- Other (300)
- Corporate (276)
- Tax (245)
- Family (233)
- Personal Injury (230)
- Banking / Finance (226)
- Private Client (220)
- Employment (196)
- Law Firm (177)
- Financial Services (172)
- Private Equity (172)
- Crime (156)
- Intellectual Property (142)
- Wills & Probate (128)
- Clinical / Medical Negligence (127)
- Planning (88)
- Public Sector / Local Authority (80)
- Insolvency & restructuring (76)
- Charities (73)
- Construction (71)
- Agriculture (50)
- Competition / EU (49)
- Immigration (37)
- Licensing / Gaming / Betting (36)
- Media / Entertainment / Sport (36)
- Information Technology (26)
- Insurance / Reinsurance (24)
- Pensions (23)
- PPP / PFI / Commercial projects (23)
- Pharmaceuticals / Biotechnology (22)
- Transport (including aviation and shipping) (21)
- Environment (17)
- Telecoms (17)
- Energy (16)
- Travel and Tourism (12)
- Funds (6)
- Professional Indemnity / Negligence (6)
- Human Rights (3)
Most Viewed Events
To provide those working in fund management operations or with fund managers, with a clear and practical overview as to what Fund Management involves. The seminar is also useful and enjoyable.
The seminar briefly covers the nature and participants in the industry in outline before covering in practical detail the nature, risks and returns of the main Asset Classes: Equities (both Developed and Emerging Markets), Bonds or Fixed Income and Cash. Investment selection and allocation is included. Hedge Funds and Real Estate investments have a useful overview. Futures and Options are explained as to what they are and how they are used in Fund Management. The seminar finally shows how Portfolios are constructed and maintained.
No specific prior knowledge is assumed but participants should have had some connection with the industry for at least 6 months. There is a limit of 10 participants per seminar to maximise personal benefit.
London Stock Exchange
This series of one day workshops is designed to give participants a thorough grounding in the principles of company valuation for mergers and acquisitions.
SICAV Funds based inLuxembourgare becoming of increasing interest toUKand other European Fund Managers concerned to have Pan European Funds with the maximum appeal, reputation and tax efficiency.
SICAVs can also be used in Life Assurance linked products as well as in stand - alone funds.
This Briefing gives a complete review as to the Structure, Documentation and Administration processes of aLuxembourgbased SICAV. A basic knowledge of Mutual Fund structure is assumed eg of OEICS, ICVCs, Unit Trusts (any type).
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- The Patent Box regime has bedded in - is it working?
- Big companies are obtaining major savings on tax through the regime - are you?
- The EU has asked questions about the legal validity of the regime - where might this end?
- Ensure you're adopting the best practice
- Ensure you're future proofing your IP tax measures
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Chief Financial Officers
- Finance Directors
- Financial Controllers
- IP Solicitors
- IP Managers
- In house Legal Officer
- Patent Attorneys
News On The Block
The Second Service Charge Summit, hosted by News on the Block and Tanfield Chambers, will take place on 30 September 2014.
There has been plenty of activity in the service charge world in the past twelve months, and the service charge summit is the perfect opportunity to catch up on and consolidate your knowledge of the law in this specialist and technical area.
For more information please visit the website: http://www.servicechargesummit.co.uk/