The employment department has developed a considerable experience in providing legal assistance on employment and labour law matters to industrial, commercial and financial companies and institutions, both large and medium sized, listed and unlisted, Italian and foreign.
This practice group has a variety of specialisations:
- M&A operations: legal due diligence, mandatory consultation procedures with trade unions in relation to the transfer of businesses; corporate restructuring: collective dismissals, plans for incentivised voluntary resignations, CIGO, CIGS and Contratti di solidarietà (solidarity agreements allowing a reduction of working hours below the level established by law)
- Dismissals, disciplinary proceedings, disciplinary charges and sanctions, secondments and transfers
- Subordinate employment and self-employment contracts, Co. Co. Co. contracts, project contracts, workforce supply and service contracts, executives’ and directors’ retention covenants, non-compete agreements, agency contracts for individuals and flexible employment contracts
- Relations with trade unions, drafting of collective agreements and negotiations, drafting of disciplinary codes, codes of conduct and company policies
- Assistance to, and defence of, clients in relation to inspections carried out by health and social security authorities
- Settlements, labour settlements and conciliations related to any sort of disputes including dismissals
- Legal advice concerning any employment law matter, secondments abroad, national and international social security
- Litigation regarding employment law matters
- Litigation regarding injuries at work, health and safety at work issues, recourse by INAIL (the National Insurance for Injuries at Work and Professional Illnesses) against employers, compensation for economic and non-economic damages and harassment at work
‘Employment continues to be a notable area of practice at this firm and the team has been strengthened by a number of key recruitments over the past year. The lawyers have substantial experience in all aspects of employment law but are particularly strong on corporate-related matters. The team mostly advises international groups. […] Sources say: “They always make an effort to form a strategy based on the company’s needs.”’ — Chambers Europe
‘NCTM is frequently instructed on the labour aspects of sensitive and complex M&A transactions and restructurings, as well as collective dismissal procedures. Michele Bignami is “quick and focused”.” — Legal Community Labour Awards 2013
For more information on employment click here.
This material was sourced from the NCTM website.